Welcome
Welcome to the Federalist Party forums.

If you're new here, please visit THIS BOARD, and make a new thread requesting access to the rest of the forums.
Discord Server

Hypothetical Space Adventure - The Great War of Friends

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hypothetical Space Adventure - The Great War of Friends - Page 3 Empty Re: Hypothetical Space Adventure - The Great War of Friends

Post by dk3dknight Thu May 08, 2014 2:07 am

@apollo

please reread that :p

As captain you are free to use one of the mechas and launch if you desire.

But I suspect you and bigc will normally be stationed close together :p
Except Bigc is currently not in the region...

-Chris
dk3dknight
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

Back to top Go down

Hypothetical Space Adventure - The Great War of Friends - Page 3 Empty Re: Hypothetical Space Adventure - The Great War of Friends

Post by Apollo221 Thu May 08, 2014 9:18 am

I see now. Then I will just hold off.
Apollo221
Apollo221
Fed Astronaut
Fed Astronaut

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nickbergman Thu May 08, 2014 10:00 am

I'm going with Mech Armored
nickbergman
nickbergman

Back to top Go down

Post by BamaBettie Thu May 08, 2014 1:16 pm

BamaBettie is a Q. A universal observer only. Cause this is great lunchtime reading. :)
BamaBettie
BamaBettie
Queen of the HAMMERS

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Fri May 09, 2014 12:56 pm

nickbergman wrote:I'm going with Mech Armored

Sorry I was handling some of the pm story lines and I ran out of time...
I was planning on getting back to you.

General Ordwal smiles and says they shall make a man out of you get you ass to to Mecha Division, he hands you a set of orders and with that he says, "You are Dismissed"

You head over to Mecha Division and report, you find Commander Cindy is the on duty officer and report to her.

Welcome to the Big Robot Division Cindy says with a big smile...
grab a pack and pick a bunk, your squad leader will come and get you
soon.

You look over the bunks after you grab a pack, as soon as you do your squad leaders appears with a quizzical look, she asks you why your picking a bunk.

You return the quizzical look...

She laughs and says these bunks are for headquarters staff, our squad has been stationed on Ruperts Declaration a Allied Nations Next Generation Destroyer, its one of the new Models right off the assembly line.

Cindy told me to look for the confused trooper.. im guessing she suggested to take one of the bunks... tsk tsk messing with the new guy anyway grab your stuff and lets go.

As you leave Commander Cindy just smiles really big at you... play a joke on the new guy guess you weren't too surprised...

You meet your new squad members as you see your brand new mecha they are different from the last generation models... these are the next generation models which are a little slower but more agile and heavier armor.

Alright welcome to eagle squad, (you notice your squad is about 20) I am Eagle One, she points to the mecha's each have a painted number on them. She gives each squad member a number, your number 20 thus your all call-sign is Eagle 20.

Our job today is make way to the Rupert at best possible speed.

Alright folks head out...
You climb into your mecha and close the cockpit, you engange the hud, and follow your squad out of the base..

Eagle 1 to squad (you hear over the radio) we have been equipped with one time use booster rockets that will get us out of the planets orbit, prepare to fire it on my mark by pressing the Auxl Accessory button.

Eagle 1 to squad Confirm

You press the Auxl Accessory button and are shot up into space, once you leave the danger zone of orbit the Booster pack blows off your mecha and heads back to earth.

You hear a sudden cry on the radio

This is Eagle 7 my booster has malfunctioned I am falling back to ground...
You see Eagle 7 surrounded in fire as it begins to fall to earth, you hear eagle 1 hit the radio...

Eagle 7 hold your position do not spin... get into crash position and hit the normal flight booster it should slow you down before you fall..

You hear Eagle 1 complain about they take the best bid for the mecha but take the worst for the boosters...

Off brand boosters you kinda laugh at yourself a bit...

Eagle 20 what do you do, do you endanger yourself and see if you can save Eagle 7, wait and see what happens, or something else?

The choice is yours.

dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Fri May 09, 2014 1:00 pm

@Apollo221
There is a critical alert pirates are attacking Trade Lane Alpha One,
board ask you head out at best possible speed and meet up with
Task Force Zebra Two, while normally star patrol handles this stuff
they are not as funded as they use to be and it would be best that
as little damage happens to the trade lane.

Do you accept your orders?
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Hawkie has left the game I will be continuing Hawkies storyline as if Hawkie was here.

-Chris
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo221 Fri May 09, 2014 10:06 pm

I accept my orders.
Apollo221
Apollo221
Fed Astronaut
Fed Astronaut

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Tue May 13, 2014 2:18 am

@Hawkie who has retired from the game :p

One of the Allied Nation warships suddenly have all its guns make a erratic motion and then all barrels fire each hit scoring direct hits on the Neshe ship, it spurts into flames and explodes off your bow.

You turn in shock no escape boats, apparently the allied nations ships were not targeting any of your vessels and were missing on purpose.

You know your crew wants blood but you know that won't bring the lost Neshe back.  You hit the com and tell the rest of the ships that you are taking control of the fleet and order all ships to retreat you would have to explain how you might have brought terrible war against the Neshe.

You hear a com request, its from the allied nations.. should you dare take it?  Could you afford not to.

You order your com officer to accept the call, except audio only...
This would allow you to see the allied nation representative but not
him see you.

With a sudden bing on the screen you see a flag on a wall with a fake
wind effect for the purpose of making it look like its waving in the air.

It seems the Allied Nations had the same idea you had...

This is the Lotaka of the diplomatic board, your ships are foreign are you
pirates, traders, or something else...

You thought of the correct answer... we are not of your people...

There is a long silence then, "I see if your not one of us who are you?"

You answer, "We are the Neshe we know nothing of who you are or what you represent,
all we know is we see large formations of warships approaching our borders massing for what the Neshe government believes is a attack against the Neshe people."

Allied Nations answers back with, "If we are not the same people how can we speak the same language?"  You reply back, "I wonder that myself but this is the language of the Neshe, and always has been since the forefathers."

The allied nations representative explains that this and many other planets are seeder colonies and that recent advancements made it possible to resupply the colonies with supplies and goods.  Most of the ships they have detected were transports carrying goods, and medical supplies.

In the end the Allied Nations decided to see this incident as a miscommunication between two races, and were more happy to hear about potential alien life and how together the two could move forward in peace... as your small fleet left, you didn't believe one word of it... but you knew for now they had let you go and that in your book meant something...

What it was your not sure.
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Tue May 13, 2014 2:28 am

@Apollo
As you head towards the trade lane you receive a com its a SOS signal some merchants have come under attack by pirates. You have not yet met up with the strike force should you sit by and wait for the strike force or head out to try to save as many people as possible.

The choice is yours Captain of the Victory, play it safe or save lives?
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Tue May 13, 2014 2:36 am

[Global Event]
New Technology Developed for Humanity,
From Loreika Corporation.

We have advanced a new gravity control and environmental system smaller then most
of the most advanced environmental systems with no cost to the ships power systems.

Most environmental systems are huge and eat up alot of power, but with this new system
which is also the first system to allow gravity control it can be accomplished with no effort
with our new co-op system.

In fact the entire system can fit in a small metal box, and placed anywhere on a ship... no
expensive ventilation or other unusual requirements are needed.  Simply buy our new vertigo system
place it anywhere safe on your ship and your ship will have all its gravity and air needs met...

With Loreika Corporation the future draws ever so closely...

[Event Newscast]
Recent outrage at Loreika Corporation has hit all time highs from researchers and scientists who demand to know how the device works and simply hear from Loreika no comment.

Though they aren't acting like there a monopoly they have the system priced at only 100 dollars making it the cheapest environmental system ever introduced and the first gravity system they have single handy shut down the environmental system market at cost below any company could even imagine selling for with a product that works better then competitor could even dream.

Recent Metube videos of a person taking the vertigo system apart were shocked by what they found inside the product.

It was filled with sand, a piece of cardboard with unusual red markings on the cardboard the marking appear to have been done with a marker, pieces of string were sodded to certain points on the red markings.

The device produces no EM or Radio frequencies but is capable of sending and transmitting information... this came to a shock to another metube user who found instructions for sending and receiving information and with those instructions coded a user interface that could interact with his computer to change the gravity or air quality in his room. He has no idea how the devices can receive information and send it back to the interface without generating a radio signal... or use any kind of energy source... unless there is some secret energy source inside the device...

Some skeptics are believing that there are more in the vertigo system then what can be seen and believe that when the device is opened the power system is destroyed. Unusual is if you open the device some of the sand is propelled out of the device and afterwards the device is rendered inoperable.

Loreika Corporation has gone on record explaining that once opened the device stops operating. Though Loreika Corporation will fix any devices that were properly handled and/or opened on mistake/purpose on the house.

This has lead to some of the crazier and more radical folks to suggest the device is magical or violation and affront of the laws of physics.

A Loreika Corporate Master Designer answered some of the critics with this very odd statement. "What are the laws of physics did you go to the universe and tell it you shall act like this or else? My friend did you think it was going to listen to you.. hell you don't even know how it works do you... going around telling the universe how its going to behave.. Tell me what are you going to do to the universe when it stops listening to you... are you going to try to punish it... like its a pet... No no no no sirs, I shall tell you, you should listen more to the universe and less to your ego's if you did you might learn something...

Time has many tales to tell she knows so much so so very much and shes not a ass like fate... hes a mean bugger I tell you, he won't ever tell details he prefers the yes and no questions.. oh but I digress till you know how your universe works stop trying to tells us or it how it works, on that note Ladies and Gentlemen have a nice night.

dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo221 Tue May 13, 2014 7:28 am

I will move in full speed, but not from the front. I will come in from the side and attempt to blind side them.
Apollo221
Apollo221
Fed Astronaut
Fed Astronaut

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nickbergman Tue May 13, 2014 7:41 am

I try to Save Eagle 7
nickbergman
nickbergman

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Wed May 14, 2014 1:17 pm

@Apollo221
You try a approach from the side when your radar sees contacts from above and below you...

Damn you think, in the heat of battle you thought 2 dimensional and let yourself fall pray to faults of Kahn... Then the contacts from above and below send a Wide Beam Com Frequency...

Its the rest of the strike force they are diverging with you and entering into formation with your ship.

The com opens up with a captain from the Integrity, "You have the right idea captain when we heard the ship is distress we came out as soon as possible, All ships enter battle formation with the Victory we are going in."

You sweep forward opening up with your STS THRAX Cannons (STS Ship to Ship) each making there own direct hits smart shells homing in onto there targets punching through there armor and exploding inside there targets.  Huge explosions rip through the pirate ship you hit, you see the bodies of pirates being ripped through into space you give one last salvo to the bridge and engine department and watch the whole ship explode into a plasma explosion, followed by additional plasma explosions happening to the left and right from the direct hits from the rest of the strike force.

The remaining pirate ships open up full salvos onto the strike force but the strike force out maneuvers them, its a good thing the pirates don't have Thrax Cannons without homing shells your ships superior maneuverability will outpace there shells.

You and the strike force make easy dealings of the pirates with no losses, the merchants are safe and thank you for coming to there aids.

You receive a distress signal from the trade lane station a huge wave of pirates are attacking the station, the strike force and you regroup.

When you arrive you find a battleship engaging the ships its taken quite a beating.  Its designed to engage in long range warfare.  Its not as maneuverable as your destroyers it can't dodge the incoming fire.  It fires its STS JRAMx(50) (Ship to Ship Missiles with low homing ability 50 is the salvo count) it also fires STS ARM (150) (Ship to Ship Missiles with low warhead explosive and high homing ability designed to destroy fighters and act as a point defense against missiles)

It seems the battleship is firing the ARMS to cause such explosions to disrupt the waves of pirates to advance close to the battleship, its extra range Thrax Cannons instantly destroying any ship they hit... but there are so many of them..

Does the strike force enter into the fray Apollo?
Does the Victory go in as well?
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Fri May 16, 2014 3:51 pm

@nickbergman
You swoop down at Eagles 7's position whos already falling deep into the orbit of the planet...

Eagle 1 cries back im not losing you both today Eagle 20 get back into position, you know that you already went past the danger zone for your thrusters they can't escape the planets atmosphere.

You just hope that your thrusters and Eagle 7's is powerful enough together to slow your desent.

You grab onto Eagle 7's arm and stabilize his fall now that his fall is stabilized his thrusters can do the most good you both do controlled burns to slowly burn away your speed but its not enough if only you had more fuel you thought accepting that at your speeds there was only 50% survival ratio on a fall to ground at these speeds you accept that one of you might not make it...

With a great fall you hit earth hard everything fades to black....

You wake up with a bright light into your vision and a base personnel looking over you and saying 'Hes awake' A female forms walks over to you, its Cindy, you ask with what breath you had hows Eagle 7 doing?

Cindy walks over to you with a smile and says, "He's fine hes already being loaded with a new booster and heading towards the Rubert, apparently he remembered his if your going to fall fall into water training.."

Your Mecha's are actually designed to fall to earth and thank good for you it was designed to fall to ground hard. It kept you alive when it noticed you were unconscious it contacted the base and gave us your condition. While you were out all you had are some bruises and scratches..

There is a Master Designer from Loreika Corporation is here he wants to talk to you when he can, his name is Denoldo he wants to talk to you they probably want to make sure something likes this doesn't happen again this is there flagship product.. but we do notice it was not there product that failed it was the booster we payed a different company to make... so technically they are not at any fault but on the other hand they aren't going to take a pilot getting hurt lightly.

But the choice is yours you can get loaded with a new booster and we replace your plasma generator and some small repairs and sent you again to the Ruperts Declaration or talk with the Master Designer.

(The Master Designer will work with you to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.)

Nick what is your decision?

dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Fri May 16, 2014 4:04 pm

[Global Event]

The Slyian empire (Space Elves) have launched a double pronged operation.

They have slashed and burned crop fields across Neshe's Farm planets and destroyed
there food supply. They have used ships disguised as Neshe ships to attack Allied Nation
Colonies across the border.

This has left the Neshe desperate
The Allied Nations didn't take the bait there peaceful disposition won out, they are planning peace
envoys to send to the Neshe to win them over. Corporations are drooling over the chance to bring
new supplies to the Neshe.

[New Goal for Slyian Empire]
Prevent Peace Envoys
Stop the Allied Nations from giving food to the Neshe

Political Positions
Allied Nations [Peaceful and Defended]
Neshe [Desperate and Nervous]
Slyian Empire [Cautious and Blood]

dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nickbergman Fri May 16, 2014 6:30 pm

I ask if I can deal with the Master Designer while I'm deployed
nickbergman
nickbergman

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Sat May 17, 2014 7:49 am

@Nickbergman

You sit down and spend the next part of a day working with the Master Designer...

Together you find that the Lorex Corporation used a substandard part in the ignition phase
that might result in a misfire.

The Master Designer from Loreika Corporation says the fix would cost about 25 dollars per unit.
He suggest a mod package be released to mod the kits with the changes necessary to prevent this malfunction. He asks that you write a recommendation that the Allied Nations consider this mod package immediately.

On better conditions he would suggest a recall but with the Allied Nations perhaps on the brink of a great conflict he doesn't want the Allied Nations to get boggled down from a bad kit choice. A mandatory mod to all boosters would prevent this from happening again. Either the mod package can be done by Loreika or Lorex... though he personally wouldn't suggest trusting Lorex.

He thanks you for your help and offers to take you on a Loreika Corporation destroyer to meet the Rubert since its already departed this would allow you to meet with them sooner or you could wait for the next transport to take you to the Ruberts Declaration.

Your call Nick do you wait or do you take the Master Designer on his generosity.
Do you write up the recommendation?

The choices are yours.
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by BamaBettie Tue May 20, 2014 11:09 am

Great lunch time reading as always! :)
BamaBettie
BamaBettie
Queen of the HAMMERS

Back to top Go down

Post by nickbergman Tue May 20, 2014 1:12 pm

I write the recommendation while aboard the Loreika Destroyer on the way to meet the Rubert
nickbergman
nickbergman

Back to top Go down

Post by IndexInfinity Wed May 21, 2014 9:02 pm

Could I join in? I'd like to be in the Loreika Corp.
IndexInfinity
IndexInfinity

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Thu May 22, 2014 1:20 pm

@Index of course.

You can join in as Fleet, Shock Troopers (Special Forces), Hackers, Technicians, and buisness man.

Apollo is Fleet (Currently enganging pirates)
Bigc is Shock Trooper (Special Operation)

Anyone is free to join at any time if you want you can change characters by typing in /roll if you want your previous character to be killed /roll kill which will give you a new character and kill the last

-Chris
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Thu May 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Sorry I was meaning to write apollo's continuation but I had to head to work.

@Apollo (who gave me his instructions on irc)

You decide to rush in with your Thrax cannons hitting key areas of the pirate ship you watch it explode one after another... Then a wave the battleship locates a cluster of pirates in close formation its gun fire massive shells that whip the entire formation out in massive explosions.  More plasma explosions occurs as the strike force joins in on your attack.

You and the strike force continue to plow into the pirates destroying ship after ship the last ship remaining is a huge pirate battleship which has just arched into battle.

The massive ship whos cannons are larger then your destroyer beings to arch towards the strike force, then Corporate Battleship moves its smaller cannons baring at the old pirate battleship...

The Corporate Battleship fires all of its 12 STS ERTHRAX Cannons (Extreme Range Thrax) followed by yet another volley and another and another.... The pirates battleship didn't even get one shot in as it exploded in a massive plasma explosion.  The strike force took cover behind the Corporate Battleship.  The Battleship waves a bit then subsides...

You pick up damage control teams starting to launch out of the battleship to perform emergency hull repairs till they get the battleship back to a dock for full repair.

A Wide Beam signal is directed towards your ship it is the Battleship's captain and a Master Designer.

The captain says,"Thanks for the save we were suppose to meet up with you, but it seems you got pulled away."

The Master Designer smiles,"Its alright captain we figure you responded to attacks inside the trade lane, each trader's life is important.  Without trade colonies will starve and the price of goods will go up.  Of course each trader saves improves confidence in traders and of course has the side benefit of making people like us better which, works for us."

"I do have a favor to ask of you Captain Apollo I would like you to take us to the nearby planet Kalipso, I heard that one of our Master Designers and a young mech pilot has discovered a fault in one our competitors launching system that the Allied Nations Military is using to launch the mecha we sold them.  Why they would go so low on a bid is practically scares me, but he thinks the solution should be pretty cheap I want you to take me there and perhaps we could give the pilot a quick run to his destroyer.  I heard the Ruperts Declaration was heading to a defensive position between Allied Nations Colonies and the Neshe"

You look at the Master Designer, "Of course sir, but 'fraid we haven't been introduced I have a no stranger policy on my ship."  

Master Designer holds back a laugh, "That is a good policy, I am Master Designer Christopher Hero" With that he takes a bow then says I shall see you soon.

You turn your attention to having all gun crews stand down and prep reloading cycles for the gun rooms, also you want to get the cannons cleaned as soon as possible.  You hate to push that much stress on them all at once, but the cannons held...  Then it hit you.. Master Designer Christopher Hero... He is the Master Designer that designed the next generation destroyers and the team lead on the next generation mobile suits.  He was also part of the designer team that designed the Thrax Cannons.

Having the ship designer on board was quite a honor perhaps he wouldn't mind getting dirty and helping with the maintenance and any insight he might bestow the crew as this was a new ship and while you had some seasoned crew members this ship was a massive change to ship design with general improvements across the board.  Perhaps one of the first ships you were on board that didn't have a environmental system, and gravity for that matter...

Well perhaps you will just see what comes with your next mission.
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by IndexInfinity Fri May 23, 2014 9:48 am

dk3: If I am a business man, could I start corporations and stuff? Could I develop weapons/farm minerals with these corporations?
IndexInfinity
IndexInfinity

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Sun May 25, 2014 1:13 am

Buisness man are for approving contracts and assist in bids with the goverments they act like a guide focusing the corporation on concentrating on particular bids and refocusing designs and trying to get things within specified budgets.

It will also be your job to convince military and the governments to buy into new technologies, and offer that push in special maintenance contracts.

You offer a buffer between the bean counters and the those designing next generation technology.

dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top