Welcome
Welcome to the Federalist Party forums.

If you're new here, please visit THIS BOARD, and make a new thread requesting access to the rest of the forums.
Discord Server

Hypothetical Space Adventure - The Great War of Friends

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hypothetical Space Adventure - The Great War of Friends - Page 2 Empty Re: Hypothetical Space Adventure - The Great War of Friends

Post by Kody5 Sat May 03, 2014 3:14 am

dk3dknight wrote:@Kody5
Not wanting to extend your fleet till you know the Earthers have been properly weakened you task crashthompson with this task... His ship is smaller but fast and deadly and of the ships of the fleet it is the best condition.

Ultimately you consider how you will go by destroying all of humanity... demon cursed as they are.... you worry about the ground war how will you ensure your troops have the edge...

You need to find out more about these humans... but how?

Question: do the humans want us dead or do they not have those feeling yet?
Kody5
Kody5

Back to top Go down

Hypothetical Space Adventure - The Great War of Friends - Page 2 Empty Re: Hypothetical Space Adventure - The Great War of Friends

Post by dk3dknight Sat May 03, 2014 10:01 am

@BigCDizzle
The stranger smiles as you keep reading.
The report does not say who you are going against, you ask the man and he says that will only be revealed on the way.

You look puzzled, and continue reading, expected resistance is light to moderate, moderate if we take too long...

The overall mission includes a smash and grab of a research station (Who would build a research station so deep into unexplored space?) you are also allowed to grab any research staff, scientists, any weapons you find alongside the database for the station.

The stranger says, oh btw my name is Chris I am the New Master Designer, we believe the information on the station is very IMPORTANT not just for us but for Humanity in general.

Lethal Force should be avoided there are going to be civilians we also prefer non lethal tack downs on them if they prove to be a threat, if your life comes under danger you have leave to do what ever is necessary to protect yourselves including using lethal rounds...

Additional mission details will be provided to you after you accept the mission, those details will be provided to you privately.

So with more information, what is your choice BigCDizzle?
dk3dknight
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Sat May 03, 2014 10:03 am

@Kody5
The Earther Government does not know of your existence.

Do to the global event one of the corporations does.
The rest of the players also know.

dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by BigCDizzle Sat May 03, 2014 11:40 am

I accept the mission.
BigCDizzle
BigCDizzle
Party President
Party President

Back to top Go down

Post by Kody5 Sat May 03, 2014 11:47 am

Then id choose to introduce ourselves to the Humans peacefully and send a political envoy to the humans capital( if i can make that decision as a general) and id do the same for the corporation race.
That seems to be the best way to learn as much as we can while avoiding a war for the moment.
Kody5
Kody5

Back to top Go down

Post by crashthompson Sat May 03, 2014 4:54 pm

dk3dknight wrote:@crashthompson
The transfer of your new Xo went smoothly, while your mission bothered you slightly you knew that you didn't have a choice.

The idea was to push the Neshe to one simple conclusion, that they would need to invade Earth first, this will weaken there position for the rest of the invasion fleet.

You had several options before you, you could destroy the Neshe military might and demand they do your will (provide new military units that could not harm your fleets), take out food supply ships and then burn crops on there farm worlds (this will give them no choice but to raid allied nations for food), or be more deceptive and lure units from each force to accidentally attack each other...

The choices are yours, you could also try thinking more on your choices to find possible pro's and con's or you act immediately the choice is yours crashthompson.

Looking at the option of pushing the Neshe,

I do not want to destroy the Neshe military might, I want their might directed towards earth.

I want to take time to observe the Neshe.  In order to do that and to guage their capabilites I decide to do a few recon trips and include slash burns.  For targets I choose to pick outer ring worlds somewhat off trade routes.  Main goal is to make these recon but to anger the Neshe.

The effort though is to anger the Neshe towards someone, but not us.  The slash and burn trips to the planets will need to be done by disguised troops, we need to make them think pirates are pushing beyond trade routes and attacking the planets themselves.

I discuss with my XO, what are his thoughts?  One of us will stay with the ship, in charge of signal monitoring and observations, one of us will lead a small ground force to destroy/break into local communication, government buildings and destroying local areas.
crashthompson
crashthompson

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Sat May 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Kody5 wrote:

Then id choose to introduce ourselves to the Humans peacefully and send a political envoy to the humans capital( if i can make that decision as a general) and id do the same for the corporation race.
That seems to be the best way to learn as much as we can while avoiding a war for the moment.

At this time your race believes them to be the demons that almost destroyed your ancestors who were technologically superior to what you are capable now...

The Council sees it unwise to speak to the "Earthers", but understands what your saying that is why they want to use the Neshe while the earthers are fighting the Neshe you can evaluate there technology, your ships can occasionally attack isolated ships to obtain databases's.

The council also knows nothing about this corporation faction, but knows that your forefathers took great care to preserve this artifact, and the mass graves tell you that talking to the demons could remind them of your presence... and endanger the core worlds...

A risk the Council is not prepared to take.

Use the Neshe... is the last words you hear as the transmission turns off... You hit side arm of your seat in rage...

You start to worry that perhaps they are jumping to conclusions... a few videos that survived the great war, some showing slyians in chains being labored to death, others showing great red monsters with giant whips... some of the videos of the battles shake you to your core... but this earth, is it really the homeworld of the demons...?

You know you wish you could partake this war differently but it seems you have few choices, support crashthompson, and hope he fails which you doubt, or let the war happen and quietly lead it in such a way that your empire fails...

Could you live with yourself... do you have a choice the other is to rebel openly but you doubt you will live long to do that. Unless you found others who felt the way you did.

Of course you could always crush the earther's... and let this be the last great war of your people.... that also has a good ring to it... you smile slightly... what shall you do...
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kody5 Sat May 03, 2014 5:49 pm

I have no intentions of betraying my entire race, if the council believes meeting the earthers would endanger our worlds than so be it.
Of course I'll support crashthompson in his mission.
What did the council suggest of meeting the Neshe?
The humans might be able to take us 1v1 but a war with our empire and Neshe might be an easy war to win.
But the Neshe are weak and could be easy for us to conquer and might be the better choice if the humans carve into their planets, it would be better to take as many planets as we can.

Kody5
Kody5

Back to top Go down

Post by nickbergman Sat May 03, 2014 6:32 pm

I join Allied Nation Military Armed Forces
nickbergman
nickbergman

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo221 Sat May 03, 2014 7:25 pm

Are we able to work with others in Mega Corps? For instance I want to work with the homie BigC.
Apollo221
Apollo221
Fed Astronaut
Fed Astronaut

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by BigCDizzle Sat May 03, 2014 7:28 pm

Apollo221 wrote:Are we able to work with others in Mega Corps? For instance I want to work with the homie BigC.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's cool seeing as some of the other players already are together. Plus, being on my side means that you'll be able to win.
BigCDizzle
BigCDizzle
Party President
Party President

Back to top Go down

Post by BigCDizzle Sun May 04, 2014 12:10 am

Back door.
BigCDizzle
BigCDizzle
Party President
Party President

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Sun May 04, 2014 12:27 am

@crashthompson

[Intelligence Update]
Scouts report that the Neshe space forces are no match for your ship or your bipedal war machines (Space Configuration), when things get to ground long term ground engagements will get very dicey there ground forces are superior to our own.

All there troops are armored but are not slowed down, since the armor appears to be in a support configuration...

There weapons and tactics involve quick rush tactics that over power there enemies...

While are bipedal warmachines can push the enemy ground units back they also have anti armor weapons mixed with there infantry...

Our Warmachines appear weak to the missiles hitting there back armor panels.

It would be wise for any ground engagements not to stick around. Though the one weakness is deploying these ground infantries requires time, which means they are slow to react to a initial attack which means so long as we don't doddle over a area we should be fine.

Of course worst case scenario we can bombard from space.
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Sun May 04, 2014 12:47 am

@Kody5
The Neshe are a hearty people they are also have deep seeds of diplomacy but we believe if they were in a bad situation they would drop diplomacy and take what they need to survive.

There military tends to be xenophobic, when they detected our early friendship probes they would drop significant munitions into them...

We are sure that the Neshe government might know about us, but we believe that Neshe does not advertise and does not share that information with its people.

We also believe that there desires of diplomacy is something that is being replaced with a desire to be left alone.

In fact we have confirmation that the Neshe are sending ships towards the outer earthers colonies with guns blazing...

They might just go to war with them without our pushing.. but we need to perhaps make there whip weapons a little more effective against the earthers...

We know that they have some bigger guns and so our reactions are probably premature.

If you wish to launch some operations against the allied nations please let the council know with [launch operations] and the council will switch to a secure Chanel.

Also while yes taking Neshe would also give us another avenue of attack, we would win in all space battles but the ground battles those would be won by whipping all life off the planet with space bombardment...

Which would defeat the point...

To explain this I have taken a report sent to crashthomposon and shall forward it to you.

[forwarded report]
Scouts report that the Neshe space forces are no match for your ship or your bipedal war machines (Space Configuration), when things get to ground long term ground engagements will get very dicey there ground forces are superior to our own.

All there troops are armored but are not slowed down, since the armor appears to be in a support configuration...

There weapons and tactics involve quick rush tactics that over power there enemies...

While are bipedal warmachines can push the enemy ground units back they also have anti armor weapons mixed with there infantry...

Our Warmachines appear weak to the missiles hitting there back armor panels.

It would be wise for any ground engagements not to stick around. Though the one weakness is deploying these ground infantries requires time, which means they are slow to react to a initial attack which means so long as we don't doddle over a area we should be fine.
[end of report]

I must admit we tried to reverse engineer from stolen pieces that we have recovered and our scientist's attempts resulted in 100% lethal to the simulated elf...

We are baffled by this, its possible the technology does not belong to them but who would give it to them.. a few historians think the design comes from before the demons came... but we have no idea what happened to any of the races involved in the war...

Supreme Councilor Sha'veen Qreysky
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Sun May 04, 2014 1:01 am

@nickbergman
After breezing through basic training you were trained in survival, explosives, and marksman, you learned to understand how units were formed and configured, you understood the importance of following orders.

After basic you received a set of extra training, Tank Operations, Mech Operations, Sniper Training, Additional Explosive Training, Planetary Re-entry, and emergency damage control (on the unlikely chance you were on a ship).

Most of this was not required to move on but you wanted to have a taste of every possible post before you made your final choice...

Saturday Night you reported to General Ordwall who dropped several folders in front of you, each a different post that you could take. The extra training was also a test, and competency in courses plus aptitude tests showed that you were equally qualified for each post.

The final choice is yours, do you take post with (Infantry, Armored, Mech Armored (Bi pedal armored units).

Regardless which post you pick you shall remain in the same division under General Ordwall but will change which other officers will be your more direct superiors.)
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Sun May 04, 2014 1:04 am

Apollo221 wrote:Are we able to work with others in Mega Corps? For instance I want to work with the homie BigC.

This is more MMO so yes you can join the same factions, you can work alongside or against the other players.

The choice is yours....

You could join the fleet forces and be in positions to support BigC since he is Special Force Infantry.

But ultimately the choice is yours.

dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Sun May 04, 2014 1:06 am

BigCDizzle wrote:Back door.

Confirmed
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by crashthompson Sun May 04, 2014 8:01 am

With this latest intelligence report I choose to scrap the idea of slash and burns on planets.

It seems intelligence will have to be intercepted via communications between planets and ships.

Waiting for advice/comments from my XO.
crashthompson
crashthompson

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo221 Sun May 04, 2014 8:30 am

Alright. I'll go with Allied Nations Loreika Fleet.
Apollo221
Apollo221
Fed Astronaut
Fed Astronaut

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by thdomster94 Sun May 04, 2014 2:33 pm

I think we should bombard them for however long you see fit and then approach them with a reasonable offer of surrender and alliance. The bombardment doesn't have to be long, just long enough for them to know we mean business
thdomster94
thdomster94

Back to top Go down

Post by nickbergman Sun May 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Mech Armored for sure this shit is about to get real!
nickbergman
nickbergman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kody5 Mon May 05, 2014 1:02 pm

crashthompson wrote:
dk3dknight wrote:@crashthompson
The transfer of your new Xo went smoothly, while your mission bothered you slightly you knew that you didn't have a choice.

The idea was to push the Neshe to one simple conclusion, that they would need to invade Earth first, this will weaken there position for the rest of the invasion fleet.

You had several options before you, you could destroy the Neshe military might and demand they do your will (provide new military units that could not harm your fleets), take out food supply ships and then burn crops on there farm worlds (this will give them no choice but to raid allied nations for food), or be more deceptive and lure units from each force to accidentally attack each other...

The choices are yours, you could also try thinking more on your choices to find possible pro's and con's or you act immediately the choice is yours crashthompson.

Looking at the option of pushing the Neshe,

I do not want to destroy the Neshe military might, I want their might directed towards earth.

I want to take time to observe the Neshe.  In order to do that and to guage their capabilites I decide to do a few recon trips and include slash burns.  For targets I choose to pick outer ring worlds somewhat off trade routes.  Main goal is to make these recon but to anger the Neshe.

The effort though is to anger the Neshe towards someone, but not us.  The slash and burn trips to the planets will need to be done by disguised troops, we need to make them think pirates are pushing beyond trade routes and attacking the planets themselves.

I discuss with my XO, what are his thoughts?  One of us will stay with the ship, in charge of signal monitoring and observations, one of us will lead a small ground force to destroy/break into local communication, government buildings and destroying local areas.

Seeing as your xo is on vacation, I send a request for you to transfer directly under my command. I will however leave the choice up to you.
Kody5
Kody5

Back to top Go down

Post by thdomster94 Mon May 05, 2014 1:16 pm

Not on vacation, look on the bottom of page three lol
thdomster94
thdomster94

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Wed May 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Apollo221 wrote:Alright. I'll go with Allied Nations Loreika Fleet.

You join the fleet, your given training in handling of and operation of a destroyer class (Destroyers carry medium armament and carry mecha) the handling of and operation of a battleship class (Battleship carry extreme armament and heavier and larger guns with extra range) the handling of and operation of cruisers (Cruisers are fast attack craft with light armament and higher level countermeasures) you also were training in legacy ships such as the Carrier (low armament but high fighter capability)

Additional as part of your training you were trained to fly mecha's including the next generation Loreika Corporation Mecha Lan'zan a slow but heavy armor with good armament, capable of ground combat and space combat (when properly configured is remarkable agile with its slowness.

You worked your way up to Captain of your very own destroyer during the ceremony you are asked to name your ship as customary for Loreika captains to do.

While you consider the name you are handed a Arch Angel patch, showing your group of the elite Loreika Fleet Force. As captain you are free to use one of the mechas and launch if you desire...

-Chris
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo221 Wed May 07, 2014 3:17 pm

I will name my Destroyer "Victory".
Since I am free to use it as I desire I will first set up just inside Allied Nation lines as support for BigCDizzle incase things go sour.
Apollo221
Apollo221
Fed Astronaut
Fed Astronaut

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top