Welcome
Welcome to the Federalist Party forums.

If you're new here, please visit THIS BOARD, and make a new thread requesting access to the rest of the forums.
Discord Server

Ask Me a Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ask Me a Question Empty Ask Me a Question

Post by Blondeninja Sat May 10, 2014 12:47 pm

Have something you want to know? Maybe what would happen if communism won? Or maybe what would happen if the moon hit earth? Or maybe you want to hear a perspective on something? Ask!

If you want to hear a side of an argument say something like "I want to hear the pro side of MJ legalization" or something of the sorts and I'll give you an answer to the best of my ability.

Ask away!! Literally anything.
Blondeninja
Blondeninja

Back to top Go down

Ask Me a Question Empty Re: Ask Me a Question

Post by BamaBettie Sat May 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Having heard your thoughts on the cons of legalized medical marijuana (MMJ). I'd like to hear your thoughts on the pros of MMJ.
BamaBettie
BamaBettie
Queen of the HAMMERS

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekker Sat May 10, 2014 1:03 pm

I can ask literally anything?
Trekker
Trekker
The worlds sexiest lizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondeninja Sun May 11, 2014 1:32 am

BamaBettie wrote:Having heard your thoughts on the cons of legalized medical marijuana (MMJ). I'd like to hear your thoughts on the pros of MMJ.

Well my answer the other day was more of a middle ground the basis was "Legalize it when we have the proper laws and regs in place to deal with it as a society"

Previous Answer:

So I would not say I'm personally against it. I just want to ensure a good handling of it. For sake of your question the case for legalizing it right now is primarily based upon the comparisons to other substances. The thing is MJ doesn't have near as many ill health effects as cigarettes which are legal at 18 or alcohol which is legal at 21. It has minor mind altering effects compared to the potential alcohol posses and is used in many more recreational situations such as in the home which correlates to less risk in general from public substance abuse. Not to mention the sheer tax revenue the gov could benefit from by legalizing it. Considering we have significant debt and have to fight for increased taxes across the board this could make huge differences. Essentially there is not too much of a comparative downside to legalizing it and the economics are not realy debatable as we have data and research to pull from.

tritrekker wrote:I can ask literally anything?

Pretty much, obviously nothing personal or insensitive. But within the realm of decency; yes.
Blondeninja
Blondeninja

Back to top Go down

Post by crashthompson Sun May 11, 2014 12:37 pm

Why Physics?
crashthompson
crashthompson

Back to top Go down

Post by twisted-pixel Sun May 11, 2014 1:16 pm

I don't understand the question...
twisted-pixel
twisted-pixel
Member of the Royal Family

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondeninja Sun May 11, 2014 1:43 pm

Crash 'n Burn wrote:crashthompson:: why did you pick physics as a career choice? What about it appeals to you so much
(From IRC)

Well physics isn't my career, unlike tp here who is a master in physics (majored/ing in it) I just had to take some physics classes for my EECS. I do enjoy it quite a bit however, as it's easy to tell. The main reason is I love learning how things work, how the universe functions and behaves is governed by physics. Physics is the key to understanding this and it is infinitely fascinating. The great thing about physics is it has such a huge range to draw from: quantum mechanics governs the micro; the small particles like the different kinds of quarks that make up electrons or protons. Similarly astrophysics deals with the vast subject of space and how we can use gravitational slingshots on rockets and such. Basically I find physics so neat because of how much I like to learn about the how and why things work, also because I am a dreamer at heart. I don't expect everyone to love it but the concepts (no math) are interesting enough, mix in the math to describe things if you want and worlds of astounding things open up.

I am not expert in physics and in actuality am not that smart or versed in them. I just enjoy indulging myself in physics.
Blondeninja
Blondeninja

Back to top Go down

Post by crashthompson Sun May 11, 2014 2:10 pm

twisted-pixel wrote:I don't understand the question...

I get that a lot actually.

crashthompson
crashthompson

Back to top Go down

Post by General Cornrow Wallace Sun May 11, 2014 7:11 pm

What would be the most effective way to invade the American continent?
General Cornrow Wallace
General Cornrow Wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Franklin Stone Thu May 15, 2014 4:18 pm

Why invade, most of it is for sale anyway? However, a few well placed EMP bombs and it's lights out America.

Has America given up the high ground to the Russians? I have heard that Putin -who strangely reminds me of Benito- has denied America use of their launch vehicles, will the Russians drop rocks on us from the ISS?
Franklin Stone
Franklin Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by twisted-pixel Thu May 15, 2014 5:45 pm

that wont happen until 2020, by then we should have a replacement
twisted-pixel
twisted-pixel

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondeninja Thu May 15, 2014 7:21 pm

General Cornrow Wallace wrote:What would be the most effective way to invade the American continent?

Franklin Stone wrote:Why invade, most of it is for sale anyway? However, a few well placed EMP bombs and it's lights out America.

Has America given up the high ground to the Russians? I have heard that Putin -who strangely reminds me of Benito- has denied America use of their launch vehicles, will the Russians drop rocks on us from the ISS?

Most of it for sale? No, I mean we do want to weaken the dollar to push for more investment here from abroad and up our GDP. But it's not for sale...

Not so simple as a few EMPs, getting them in the right places, and set up is hard. Also everything important is either shielded or has redundancies. Traditional invasions are less of the game now, but if you were going to, going through Canada and Mexico would be the best. Mexico would be much easier with all the violence and such. With Canada you would really have to be covert about it. Two pronged strike, you would need to push hard and fast for the capitol. Though you would really need alot of inside people to help. It would not be like any traditional invasion as there is so much tech, intel gathering, etc you would need to keep it all quiet and would need people inside as the second you attacked the president is gone, and we lock down. From there it would be hell as while the US doesn't lead in much our National Defense and pride are way high. Plus the US is a major world power and if our economy died so would global economy so outside intervention would be massive. Essentially there is no good way for a traditional invasion. Terrorists try to take us down through more subversive tactics.

Unlike the 1812 war we're not a smaller country with part of the continent. We stretch sea to shinning sea, and have a large well trained and prepared military. Invading us, while it would cost us, would not be successful in the end.

We haven't given up any high ground. We have backed out of space to some extent however the IIS is, by definition, International. Russia won't be dropping anything on us anytime soon. And we're certainly not handicapped. Remember there is a lot you're not read in on as its classified and as citizens we might not know exactly what is going on DARPA is always working hard on tech and the AF runs space operations a lot. Not to mention we have NORAD and many other agencies and orgs working for us here. Just not public.
Blondeninja
Blondeninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekker Thu May 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Explain a scenario in which Dragons could have existed with the last of them dying off in the recent past, like just before photography was developed? (the traditional European medieval dragon, as opposed oriental dragons)
Trekker
Trekker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top