Welcome
Welcome to the Federalist Party forums.

If you're new here, please visit THIS BOARD, and make a new thread requesting access to the rest of the forums.
Discord Server

Fighting for Freedom, the Resistance War

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fighting for Freedom, the Resistance War Empty Fighting for Freedom, the Resistance War

Post by crashthompson Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:26 am

Resistance Wars or RWs are common.  You can usually see half a dozen or more going on around the world at any time.

Resistance wars are a battle between only two nations.  Between the nation that is occupied/original region owner and the occupier/nation who parked themselves there. No alliances, no MPP's are involved.  If someone wants to fight/participate they need to be in any region owned by the two nations in the resistance war.  They do not have to be in the region revolting, they just have to be in a region that the nation owns.

EX - During a past batch of RW's against Poland, I could support a French one, a German one, and a Dutch one, while still dropping damage from time to time for an American one from one polish region.

Why We Start Them

Resistance Wars are usually started for two reasons -
1 - To free a specific region
2 - To drain damage/cause your enemy to waste damage

The first one is pretty self explanatory.  I want this region free, so I am going to fight there and hopefully kick you out.

The second one is just as important.  When you want to free one region, it is best to coordinate with other nations.  This way the enemy has to directly fight 2-3 nations at one time.  There is a battle of "Smelly Land" vs "Freeland" while a battle of "Smelly Land" vs "Awesomeland" while a battle of "Smelly Land" vs "Cool Kid Land" are all going on roughly at the same time.  They are each 1 vs 1 battles, but one nation has three of them going on at the same time.  That nation has to divide its damage in three different directions and usually has to pick one or two it doesn't care about losing.  That is the best scenario, when you coordinate with other nations and actual effort is put into freeing all of those regions.

Sometimes though RWs are started just to drain damage.  No one cares if those regions are freed, they are provided strictly as a damage distraction.  Sometimes the locals of that region did not start the fight but will participate in hopes of freeing themselves, heck its a free RW (will cover costs of RW in a bit).  If the enemy knows these are just drains, only a few players will bother and only a few players are needed to keep those territories while the rest of the damage goes to the true resistance war.

How We Start Them

You and nine other citizens can support a resistance war.  You need 10 supporters before a RW can start.
- you are located in the region you wish to liberate
- you have 1000 currency
- the region was conquered more than 24 hours ago
- the resistance force of the country is not currently fighting a resistance war in another region in the same conquering country

The resistance war starts automatically when the tenth citizen supports the resistance war.

Who Starts Them

A Random Patriot - This is the player who just wants to see their nation freed.  They find 10 guys, or just support a RW because it will start one and they hope their fellow citizens will fight along their side if they just see it open.

A Coordinated Patriot - This is a player who coordinates with other groups of players on when to start the RW, what specific region, and in general coordinates with other groups to start RW's in other regions to drain damage before the official RW and/or to drain damage during the actual RW.  These typically cost alot of money as you tend to start a few RWs, but are more likely to be successful.

Your Enemy - Chooses to be a jerk (we do it sometimes) and starts RWs for the nation they are occupying.  They do this for several reasons.
1 - Sometimes they are attacking a new region, and start a RW in an already occupied region.  The chance of freeing something occupied distracts people from keeping the enemy at bay and damage will be diverted from defense to the RW.

2 - To stop us from starting a RW.  The key to a lot of battles is the timing on when they are started.  Each nation has a "prime time" when most of its players are on.  If the enemy starts an earlier RW, it stops us from starting a different one at our chosen time.  Only one RW can be open between two nations.

3 - As I said before, to drain damage.  Coordinating the start of multiple resistance wars can divide damage.  If I started one between the eUS and Poland, the eUS and Serbia, the eUS and Hungary, eUS fighters are going to be jumping to any and all of those.  Even with the best efforts to direct damage to just one, all three will suck up some damage as citizens free a state they like better in RL, choose an enemy they dislike more in eRep, or just the one they are closer to.

RWs

Resistance Wars/RWs are critical in eReps military module.  They allow us to divert the enemies damage and free other nations to assist us on the battlefield.  But we must use them carefully and with caution.  Opening one up at a bad time can throw your entire nation off.  Throwing one as a distraction at a bad time can just end up costing you money, as it wasted little damage or was of little use.

When thinking about RWs remember the importance that they are coordinated and that timing is critical.
crashthompson
crashthompson

Back to top Go down

Fighting for Freedom, the Resistance War Empty Re: Fighting for Freedom, the Resistance War

Post by crashthompson Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:17 am

One of the articles and discuss that inspired writing on this topic

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SHIELD supports this.
crashthompson
crashthompson

Back to top Go down

Fighting for Freedom, the Resistance War Empty Re: Fighting for Freedom, the Resistance War

Post by crashthompson Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:27 am

Some spit balling, thoughts.

Note - I don't know everything that goes on right now in planning.  Alliances, timing, so many things go into determining RW's.

If I was in charge of picking the targets for RW's against Hungary I would go for -

SubCarpitha, Ukraine - Hungary has to hold this territory.  If it loses this territory it loses all resource bonuses it has recieved from occupying other nations.  This is a must win for Hungary.  I would start this at the end of Hungary's prime time.

Far Eastern Russia, Russia - I would start this during Hungary's and Russia's prime time.  It would be a free RW from the eUS that russia could try to get or not.  They are wiped at this time so I believe they would take the offer and try.  This should either be freed or take damage away a good bit of damage from Hungary.

Alaska, US - I would start this during our prime time.  Lots of damage from eUS citizens here as well as convincing MU's to direct their damage to wrapping up Subcarpitha and FER.  Why Alaska, why the hell not.  Even though Spain is TWO, look at South America, they are busy involved in that.  It does create Washington as a choke point of our invasion, but we still can RW other states behind enemy lines.  Attack Washington, RW Oregon, and continue on from there any and work to free all states not bordering Serbia or Poland until we are ready to focus on them directly.

What would you do if you were organizing the RW's for an attack on Hungary? What would be your targets and why?

What would you do if you were organizing the RW's for an attack on Serbia?  What would be your targets and why?

What would you do if you were organizing the RW's for an attack on Poland?  What would be your targets and why?
crashthompson
crashthompson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top