Welcome
Welcome to the Federalist Party forums.

If you're new here, please visit THIS BOARD, and make a new thread requesting access to the rest of the forums.
Discord Server

Popup Blocklers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Popup Blocklers Empty Popup Blocklers

Post by dk3dknight Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:15 am

Okay here is a odd discussion for yall to ponder, do you use popup blockers, and what moral constraint do you use to justify it if you do at all.

Personally I use Adblock plus with firefox... though at times I feel a little bit guilty about doing so, it even blocks video ads on free services and on one hand I feel like im stealing the service or failing to follow some user agreements and on one hand I feel awful about it on the other I really don't care...

Many of yall will probably laugh at me for brining this up, if you do then I will simply
say congrats...

Indubitably 

You have a sense of humor...

-Chris
dk3dknight
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

Back to top Go down

Popup Blocklers Empty Re: Popup Blocklers

Post by WookyJack Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:36 am

Google Chrome > Adblock extension > works like a charm.
WookyJack
WookyJack

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondeninja Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:52 am

If you feel guilty donate money. A lot of services have 'life' versions where you can buy extra features. If you're guilty pay them because you get someone for it and they get more revenue than they would through ads. If you don't want to pay then don't bother unblocking the ads.

Torrenting is a similar principle. Do you want to support who made it? Or do you just want it free? It's a moral dilemma because on one side you don't feel it "fair" to pay $25 for a movie you will watch once (bluray) on the other hand someone might benifits from it. But who? Most of the people working on it get paid a flat rate not a % only actors and such do. (Don't quote me on that I could be wrong but I doubt it) so in a sense the only people you're shorting are the rich actors. It's hard to say what's right I know I torrent something's but buy others, like the Veronica Mars stuff; all bought. But I recently aquifer apocalypse now as I'm told that's a movie I need to see.

Anywho no right answer the but the simple solution is if you feel guilty then pay them.
Blondeninja
Blondeninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo221 Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:57 am

as far as torrenting goes, if its an ok game i just torrent. Now if its a game i have been waiting to come out and am looking forward to it, i will buy it.
Apollo221
Apollo221
Fed Astronaut
Fed Astronaut

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by WookyJack Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:04 pm

I have no guilt about not donating money to Adblock. I pay for newsgroups. No ads for me!
WookyJack
WookyJack

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Interesting thoughts. See in the past such things would nit even register with me but after such comments from close friends I find myself reevaluating my principles, going through the checklist if you will.

Its not enough to change the way I think or act but enough to create pause.
-Chris
dk3dknight
dk3dknight

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Italaura Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:04 pm

Where's moral when I can't see article normally because page is full of ads? Where's moral when they're redirecting me to page I don't want to visit? Where's moral when I have to click dozen of x(es) before I can see content I came for? Where's moral when they're playing ad before every video I want to see no matter what is it about? Where's moral when there's ad across whole page and you have to use microscope to find close button?

I can continue, but I think that you'll be able to figure out what do I think about it. Very Happy
Senor Italaura
Senor Italaura

Back to top Go down

Post by dk3dknight Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:39 am

I feel some ads are immoral in there sense, the other thing is sometimes
some of these ad companies are give me ads that are wasting both our
times...

-Chris
dk3dknight
dk3dknight