Welcome
Welcome to the Federalist Party forums.

If you're new here, please visit THIS BOARD, and make a new thread requesting access to the rest of the forums.
Discord Server

Guerrilla Fight - Building Your Soldier

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guerrilla Fight - Building Your Soldier Empty Guerrilla Fight - Building Your Soldier

Post by ThatFackenGuy Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Cowboy GUERRILLA FIGHT - BUILDING YOUR CHARACTER:

The purpose of this post is to give people an idea on how to effectively build their soldier so they can be combat efficient.

For example: If you're heavily armored, with a sniper rifle, firing from a distance, you'll most likely miss a lot.

Here are a few basic class examples I've come up with that may help you determine how you may want to fight and build your soldier:

JUGGERNAUT: Heavily Armored Soldier.
EQUIPMENT: Helmet, Body Armor, Boots.
WEAPON(S) OF CHOICE: Shotguns, Grenades.
COMBAT: Close.
STRATEGY: I wouldn't waste time dodging your opponent's incoming fire with this beast. Get up close and FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!
THREATS: Grunts and other Juggernauts.

GRUNT: Medium Armor Soldier.
EQUIPMENT: Helmet, Boots.
WEAPON(S) OF CHOICE: Rifle, Pistol.
COMBAT: Medium, Close.
STRATEGY: A mix of dodging and firing from medium or close range should be your main strategy at defeating your opponent.
THREATS: Other Grunts and Snipers.

SNIPER: Light Armored Soldier.
EQUIPMENT: Helmet.
WEAPON(S) OF CHOICE: Sniper Rifle.
COMBAT: Far.
STRATEGY: Move as far back as possible. Fire from a distance. The space between you and your opponent should work wonderfully as a passive dodge.
THREATS: Juggernauts, Grunts, and other Snipers.

PERSONAL NOTE: I'm new to this PVP, like most of you. But, from previous experiences with a lot of MMORPGs, this sort of PVP is familiar and I'm sure for most of you as well.

I did notice that your chances of success is determined by the sort of equipment you add to your soldier and how you use your soldier in combat.

Still, this is new to all of us. We are pioneers when it comes to this new and neat combat system. So, I highly recommend everyone to experiment. Share your experiences with the rest of the FEDS so we can all eventually dominate PVP.

If I missed anything, let me know. I will correct it immediately.

-Facken

P.S. I'm not a writer.
ThatFackenGuy
ThatFackenGuy

Back to top Go down

Guerrilla Fight - Building Your Soldier Empty Re: Guerrilla Fight - Building Your Soldier

Post by Josh Tucker Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:11 pm

this is... a really good idea. Soldier
Josh Tucker
Josh Tucker

Back to top Go down

Guerrilla Fight - Building Your Soldier Empty Re: Guerrilla Fight - Building Your Soldier

Post by ThatFackenGuy Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Josh Tucker wrote:this is... a really good idea. Soldier

Thank you. I will be trying different classes each day to see which one is more effective. Going with the sniper tomorrow. Juggernaut the day after that.
ThatFackenGuy
ThatFackenGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Clint Carmel Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:16 pm

This... is... awesome-sauce!

Awesomesauce
Clint Carmel
Clint Carmel

http://www.squidoo.com/erepublik-is-fun

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatFackenGuy Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:39 am

Thanks, Clint. I'm not feeling all that confident with the Sniper at the moment. I got the thinking and considering the my Accuracy % is 1, I highly doubt I will be very effective from a far away position. Nonetheless, I will be trying both medium and far.

I saw that our weapons were level 1. I wonder if the levels increase with experience or if there will be other higher level weapons later on? Hmm...
ThatFackenGuy
ThatFackenGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Clint Carmel Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:49 am

According to the game rules, accuracy changes with range. If, for whatever reason, the sniper is supposed to shoot at medium distance (you will have to test this to find out) then being too far away is as bad for his accuracy as being up close.
Clint Carmel
Clint Carmel

http://www.squidoo.com/erepublik-is-fun

Back to top Go down

Post by twisted-pixel Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:09 pm

i believe the sniper rifle says the ideal range is 700ish when you're in the inventory menu.
twisted-pixel
twisted-pixel
Member of the Royal Family
Member of the Royal Family

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatFackenGuy Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 pm

twisted-pixel wrote:i believe the sniper rifle says the ideal range is 700ish when you're in the inventory menu.

Agreed. The range of your weapon will determine the success of your hit-fires. So if you decide to be *ANY CLASS*, you definitely want to glance at your weapons range.

ThatFackenGuy
ThatFackenGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by UNslaught Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:53 am

the stupid thing about this guerilla crap is i can never win since i have to fight guys with 20k strenght and 50 bonus damage :s

Whereas i have zero bonus damage and 1k strenght.

My first fight i had only a pistol, i tried to close in on the opponent and he just kept changing weapons to adjust to the distance. I died before i ever got close enough to fire.

Then i tried the gold sniper rifle, i actually got two hits on the enemy but then ran out of bullets and got sniped myself.

I decided to not get into that guerilla stuff anymore cuz its a waste of 100 hp which i could use on killing the headless chicken :P
UNslaught
UNslaught

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top