Welcome
Welcome to the Federalist Party forums.

If you're new here, please visit THIS BOARD, and make a new thread requesting access to the rest of the forums.
Discord Server

HOW TO USE RESIDENCY

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HOW TO USE RESIDENCY Empty HOW TO USE RESIDENCY

Post by zRTx Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:23 am

Pls send help.
Should I become resident of the region where my factories are located or does it even matter?
zRTx
zRTx

Back to top Go down

HOW TO USE RESIDENCY Empty Re: HOW TO USE RESIDENCY

Post by Hale Kane Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:45 am

It's still a little unclear currently on what the main purpose of it is.
Currently, being a resident allows you to get extra bonus' on houses and your energy(it's free on top of it).
Hale Kane
Hale Kane
Special Pony
Special Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by JdJackSerenade Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:33 pm

zRTx wrote:Pls send help.
Should I become resident of the region where my factories are located or does it even matter?

1. go to RESIDENCE
2. search the city where your factory located
3. and become RESIDENCE there

Writing Writing Writing Writing Writing
JdJackSerenade
JdJackSerenade

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalio Voss Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:31 am

Well I guess know one knows exactly what this residence thing does. Or the main idea behind this, so Yeah, it's better to have a residence where you have your factories in. 

Apparently you can change your residence if you don't like it where is at. I haven't tried it tho, so not sure.
Thalio Voss
Thalio Voss

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowber Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:23 pm

I'm still a little confused and actually a bit upset about this.... If I'm not mistaken it makes the most sense to make your residency wherever your houses are. The problem is, when the made the whole company locations thing, like many people, I my companies in to two holding companies, one located specially for food and weps etc, and one located specially for houses. Being that you cannot work in your own houses you don't to be where your houses are to work them, so I stay where my food and weps are to work as manager there.

Now with the residency it seems to me it makes the most sense to stay where your houses are, but if I wanted to move the other factories so I can still work in them would be crazy expensive.....
shadowber
shadowber

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximillion Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:47 am

And also overtime generation
Maximillion
Maximillion

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feynmann Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:55 am

shadowber wrote:I'm still a little confused and actually a bit upset about this.... If I'm not mistaken it makes the most sense to make your residency wherever your houses are. The problem is, when the made the whole company locations thing, like many people, I my companies in to two holding companies, one located specially for food and weps etc, and one located specially for houses. Being that you cannot work in your own houses you don't to be where your houses are to work them, so I stay where my food and weps are to work as manager there.

Now with the residency it seems to me it makes the most sense to stay where your houses are, but if I wanted to move the other factories so I can still work in them would be crazy expensive.....

Your houses are where your residency is its not vice versa. You can of course pick a region where your "work as  manager" holding is, so you can spare yourself the daily travelling cost to work as a manager, but in some cases its not worth settling in that particular region. 

Example: if the region is rich on local resources there are probably tons of companies there therefore a load of residents also settled there. In that case the selected region's residence city might grow larger -> decreasing the houses duration bonus from 20%  for the small towns to 1%(I think) in the 5 Star largest cities. As the house timer can no longer be paused your active house viability and their costs is mostly determined by the resident city's bonus house durability, so if you re using high quality houses, not only Q1 or Q2 you might want to settle in a Small town near your holding, to keep your travelling costs at the lowest (say 20 USD in one direction). There's no point of settling in your house companies (or Air weapons) holding region unless it is very close to the work as a manager holding region and the work as a manager region is densely populated.

As for whether to settle or not I think its pretty obvious - SETTLE!

You get - up to 20% house duration and depending on how much houses you use - free additional HP pool and quite some additionl HP regen. 
If, for some reason, after the residence update you turn out to have made a mistake in picking a residence - you can change that for couple hundred $$$. So its not that much of a problem. But the gain of settling up is too high to be ignored, ESPECIALLY if you are using high Q Houses >Q3.
Feynmann
Feynmann
Media Director
Media Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Proteus Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:00 am

I refuse to understand this. lol
Paul Proteus
Paul Proteus
Triumvirate of Shadow Meta Lords
Triumvirate of Shadow Meta Lords