Help! (post your questions here)

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Help! (post your questions here)

Post by PeteyAlazar on Thu May 23, 2013 7:49 pm

I'm always around for question answering and mentoring too. Questions for you: what job do you want to have? What area are you most interested in helping with?
PeteyAlazar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Brinkman on Thu May 23, 2013 7:56 pm

I would love any job that can give me experience needed to go higher in politics, there was a specific that i forget, ill dig that up if i can. ah, and congrats on the nom.
Alex Brinkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeteyAlazar on Thu May 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Tip of the cap to you, sir. Let us know - we'll get you hooked up.
PeteyAlazar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Funlooker on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Hello, anyone wannabe my PM buddy about world military

It seems that I'm really lack info about war things Coffee

What I wanna ask would be most likely like this

- what happen with "this country"
- why we/they attack
- why we lose
etc
Funlooker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fingerguns on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:32 am

Oof, I would totally volunteer, Funlooker, but some of what is happening now is rooted in super old stuff that I don't even know about.

I can try to help though?
fingerguns
Member of the Royal Family

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Funlooker on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:52 pm

yup yup Fingerguns, I will add u first in eRep ^_^
Funlooker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan Crowe on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:55 pm

I wanted to be a buddy. :(

Group PM? Very Happy
Duncan Crowe
Best Poster Evarrrrrrrrr
Best Poster Evarrrrrrrrr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Funlooker on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:41 pm

wow such an honor 2 top writer wanna help me

anyone wanna join too? Buddy

the more the merrier (dunno if I type this correctly Whistle )
Funlooker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Wdeo on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:24 am

Hey I just wanna know how to request supplies, I been in the MU for like 1 or 2 weeks and no one say anything about it, they just sent me to the forum, thanks!
Danny Wdeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twisted-pixel on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:18 am

first you'll need shield access, you'll know if you have that by checking the bottom of the forum homepage for the shield section, daily orders and supplies is the subsection you're looking for. if you can't see either of them, post in the access request thread of the forums (somewhere at the top?) for shield access and someone should get you hooked up momentarily. I'll send you what food and tanks i have to spare to hold you over if thats the case.
twisted-pixel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly J. Brown on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:37 pm

Hey, I have a historical question I cannot seem to answer: who created SHIELD? Was it Darian Dracona, the current commander, or someone else? Is there an article on the history of SHIELD anywhere?

Thanks in advance =)
Kelly J. Brown
National Fed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twisted-pixel on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Shield was just recently created actually.  well, sort of.  it's kind of a tricky situation, but i'll do my best to explain.

formerly, the official Fed MU was named Easy Company.  Mourning Star, the guy that made you're avatar for you, was the original CO, but i'm sure he'd rather tell you that story, so i'll just move on.

after a few years, we eventually gained a CO by the name of Gnilraps, who helped bring our MU from around 16th in the US, to number 1, and even made it extremely competitive with the top MU's of the entire world.  Sadly though, gnilraps had some falling out with the party leadership, and decided that he no longer wanted to be a Fed.  but instead of just leaving the party, he chose to take the MU which, he felt was rightfully his, with him.  obvious drama followed.

Shield was created to replace what gnil had stolen from the feds.  Somewhere around the beginning of this year, if i recall correctly.

So, in a sense, it was Mourning Star who created Shield, yet in another, it was Fed leadership from around january, which includes myself, crash thompson, tiacha, molly emma, jefferson locke, Kody5, and a few more (sorry if i've forgotten you).  

Our first CO was Tiacha, although that seemed to be short lived, and was succeeded by Crash Thompson, who, about a month (?) ago, passed the reigns to Darian.

All it's infrastructure was created by donations from party members like you.

Last edited by twisted-pixel on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
twisted-pixel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly J. Brown on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Thanks for the detailed reply! As a new player it's really interesting to get some historical context. Cheers.
Kelly J. Brown
National Fed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twisted-pixel on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:03 pm

feel free to ask anything else, i enjoy curious people.
twisted-pixel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly J. Brown on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Well all right then! I've been reading various history articles, but I'm still a bit confused as to why it seems that the eUSA is faring so poorly military-wise right now. Is there a good general resource for the history of alliances and wars, etc.?

On a more game-mechanics note, what's the actual consequence of losing territories -- and is it possible to have no territories at all? And can a nation come back from such a situation?
Kelly J. Brown
National Fed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twisted-pixel on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Kelly J. Brown wrote:Well all right then! I've been reading various history articles, but I'm still a bit confused as to why it seems that the eUSA is faring so poorly military-wise right now. Is there a good general resource for the history of alliances and wars, etc.?
This one's slightly complicated, since it's mostly conjecture, but i'll throw my hand in.

It would probably be the result of multiple things, the first being population. Not only have we lost quite a few people, (and by quite a few, i mean a lot, i can remember a time when we had 15 thousand, whereas now we have 5 thousand, of which a sizable portion are enemy foreign nationalists, thanks to agay) but our enemies have also seemed to avoid the global population drop, and some have even grown.

Secondly I would say it's the alliances.  you see, America used to be a powerhouse.  but after a few presidents decided that the current alliance they were involved in wasn't worth it, and after several instances of the country flip-flopping their foreign relations, we became less and less reliable and trustworthy.  while we can still throw up a major portion of the damage coming from our alliance, i'd imagine to the alliance leaders, we hold less gravitas or clout than we used too.  sometimes leading to support another nation in a critical battle, instead of the US.  But, at the same time, America has 50 states, we can afford to lose a few in a battle, if it means winning the overall war, so we've sacrificed many battles ourselves, just to help our alliance brothers.  We are definitely stronger than we currently appear, of that i assure you.

Being occupied and wiped hasn't been doing us any favors either.  I can assume that we've lost some people that are new to the game, simply because they don't want to join what appears to be a losing team.

The one thing i would keep in mind though, something that probably isn't apparent, is that this game is cyclical, there is no winning, alliances break and grow, empires fall and rise, 4 months from now America could be occupying Warsaw.. you never know.

Like i said though, all this is conjecture.

Kelly J. Brown wrote:On a more game-mechanics note, what's the actual consequence of losing territories -- and is it possible to have no territories at all? And can a nation come back from such a situation?
the first answer is bonuses.  If you use the old map, by bringing down the community bar from the navigation menu in-game, you'll be able to see at a glance which regions hold which bonuses.  these regions must be connected to the capital in order for the nation to receive the benefits from it.  every different food and weapon bonus a nation acquires connecting to their capital adds 10% bonus production to all buildings of that type.  check the nations economy page to see which bonuses we currently have.

and yes, it's possible to be without any regions.  in fact, we were not too long ago, after 8 (?) nations attacked us simultaneously.  having no regions during the games election deadlines means no elections, and no leaders.  in fact, the session before this current congress was non-existent in game.  it's of course possible to come back, but the longer a country is occupied, the less likely that it will ever be relevant in game again.

Last edited by twisted-pixel on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
twisted-pixel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twisted-pixel on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:12 pm

p.s. whoever downvoted my comment up there, if you'd care to share your opinion on the matter, i'm sure the lady would listen.
twisted-pixel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblige on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Twisted sent me a PM asking me to chime in so I thought I would add my two cents.

There are many factors that can explain our current situation, from the shifting of alliances over time, to the collapse of EDEN/Terra (partially expedited by myself) to the past six or more Presidents being fairly ineffective, but the root answer is actually a little more simple. Our enemy alliance has designated us their number one target.

The USA has always been a very difficult country to invade or cause political issues for and that has made us something of a target. This means we can help our allies a lot, since we (had been) fairly impervious to attack. Prior to this invasion we had only ever been wiped once, and it was only for a minute. They had something to prove, and they had their point and now they're holding us down because they can.

---

Regarding the second question. TP nailed the answer basically. The only thing I can add is that loss of regions also decreases the size of our Congress (with the lowest size being zero), and also effects which "campaign of the day" citizens in occupied territory see (they see the CoTD of the occupier, which means they'll also (by default) fight for them.
Oblige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MourningStar on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:43 pm

twisted-pixel wrote:p.s. whoever downvoted my comment up there, if you'd care to share your opinion on the matter, i'm sure the lady would listen.
I don't know who down voted it, but I up voted it to bring you back to even,
Great answers ProudHorny 
MourningStar
Director of Awesome
Director of Awesome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly J. Brown on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 am

Thanks for the replies, guys. This is fascinating stuff. I'm beginning to appreciate just how complex and social a game this is.
Kelly J. Brown
National Fed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly J. Brown on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:16 am

Okay, another noob question, this one very prosaic. One of the beginner missions is to have one weapons factory. I've been ignoring this mission because I've been saving every piece of gold I've acquired so far until there's a training camp sale (and plus, what would I do with a weapons factory?!), but I realized I could be making a mistake if the mission reward is very good, or if there are other missions in the chain, etc. So: should I just build a weapons factory for the mission (and then decommission it later)? Or should I ignore that mission indefinitely?
Kelly J. Brown
National Fed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deonthe3rd on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:40 am

Hey Kelly!

Ok, I did that mission when I first joined back in office and it wasn't a bad choice in my opinion. Having a weapons factory allows you go build rockets (which is especially useful if you are Div 1 and are in HAMMER). You can't upgrade the weapon factory further until you are level 25 (Div 2), so I've been able to utilize my level 1 weapons factory for a while now.

So, ma'am, in my opinion it's worth it, but the training cents supersede EVERYTHING until you are strong enough to not give a crap about your strength level Very Happy lol. I hope this helps o7

P.S. As for the reward you get for building one, I can't remember what it was so I'm not sure if it's worth it in that sense.
Deonthe3rd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly J. Brown on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:51 am

Oh wow, thanks very much for that information -- I completely didn't realize that a weapons factor had relevance for rocket-building, though obviously that makes sense. (Speaking of HAMMER, when are you guys going to respond to my application?! nudge nudge =D )

Kelly J. Brown
National Fed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twisted-pixel on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Mission 16: First Weapon Factory
It's easier to take down enemies when you have weapons rather than fighting with your bare hands.
Requirements

• Have 1 weapon factory
Create or buy a weapon factory so that you can start producing weapons.
Rewards

http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Missions#Mission_16:_First_Weapon_Factory
twisted-pixel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twisted-pixel on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:26 pm

definitely not worth that reward.  especially in the states, with high work taxes.
twisted-pixel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top