[Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by dk3dknight on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:50 am

Welcome to week 2 of the hypothetical contest the rules have changed, each day the bonus is reset to x1, as you answer your hypothetical question I will respond back with a response allowing you to answer the new situation.

For each situation you answer you get paid and your bonus goes up... the longer you stay in the game the more money you make. Now please note I do eat and sleep so please keep that in your calculations.

Alright lets get this party started; A zombie apocalypse has fallen onto the earth, you and a small band of relatives and close friends (children or spouses if you have them as well) have taken temporary refuge in the center of town, but you know the position will not hold for long.

Your small band comes up with 4 possible places to go, the nuclear power station (in which perhaps have better defense and could have weapons and food), a mall (which could have great supplies), the airport (you believe some of the hangers are more secure-able and could provide great defense), you have also heard that the national guard have set up a checkpoint in the a town over, you are quite unsure of its exact location of the checkpoint or if its still functional.

Between your group you have a few light arms, (4 pistols and a 1 rifle) your friends and family are looking to you for support their lives are in your hands...
avatar
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family
Member of the Royal Family

Posts : 3013
Join date : 2013-09-15
Age : 33
Location : Arlington Texas

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by WookyJack on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:12 am

All locations are terrible options.  The most remote place would be ideal.  The airport would be a catastrophe as the zombie horde would be largest there during the initial outbreak leaving a plethora of leftovers.  The National Guard would be an atrocious place to hide because it already has leadership (leadership would probably not look out for your group's best interests first) or its rife with zombies in combat gear which would make them more difficult to kill.  The nuclear power station would be my choice because there would be minimal food and probably hardly any people or zombies and the guards there most likely would have had gear/weapons left behind that we could utilize to protect ourselves.

First I would take the weapons we have and give them to people in my group capable of handling a firearm and we would leave 2 to guard the group while 2 go clear out the nuclear facility before we move in.


Last edited by WookyJack on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
WookyJack

Posts : 4199
Join date : 2014-02-10
Location : Central Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by kyerby on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:14 am

I assume we are supposed to pick a location to go to however you forgot to ask a question.
avatar
kyerby

Posts : 734
Join date : 2013-07-08
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by kyerby on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:34 am

I could always edit my answer so I am going to go along with my assumption for now.

I would choose the nuclear power plant. This location would likely already have security functions in place. The silos where the centrifuges are located are constructed of very thick reinforced concrete providing a relatively safe hiding place. I would have an excellent source of electricity. There may even be a fresh water source that isnt contaminated as many of these plants store rods in pools of water which must come from somewhere. It also provides the opportunity to attempt to engineer weapons utilizing the uranium present at the plant. Perhaps even take out a large number of zombies if we are surrounded and have no hope of surviving by using the "nuclear option" and detonating the uranium stockpiles.

The nuclear power plant I used to live near had fresh water lakes stocked with fish. Occasionally there were public fishing events held there. If this plant you mention included that I would have a source of both food and water.

I am also hopeful a skeleton staff would remain there to prevent the plant from meltdown. If so I would have access to highly scientific minds to help modify our existing weapons or utilize the stockpiles of uranium to create new weaponry few others would have nationwide let alone in town.
avatar
kyerby

Posts : 734
Join date : 2013-07-08
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by Duc Lebowski on Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:49 pm

I'm not familiar with zombies...

But the definition of apocalypse is an awful situation before the end of everything. So, why would i try to survive since in all cases, everybody will suffer and die ??? It has no sense.

I'll thus go to the mall and have a great dinner with my friends. We will eat sausages, ice cream, throw rolls of toilet paper, draw boobs on the shop windows and drink whisky (i prefer go whiskies, such as Glenfarclas 105 or Glenrothes 1995 SV, but usual piss would also be ok for this occasion) and wait the end of the world.

We're all gonna die, but we will die happier than others.
avatar
Duc Lebowski

Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by dk3dknight on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:39 pm

@Wookyjack
Technically what I was referring to was a FBO, if the president of the united states was going to land at a airport he would use a FBO. They are small private terminals owned by small corporations and usually have no connecting parts to the public terminal minus jogging across the tarmac...

[see dalfort fueling]

As you and your group approach the power station military personnel draw there weapons on you, they demand to know your reason for entering the facility... you hear whispers of a terrorist attack..

It becomes evident to you that they know nothing of the zombies, the guards look at your weapons and are starting to whisper that you might be terrorists...

A wise commander comes out and sees the children you have with you... he seems willing to listen...
Wookyjack the group looks to you... what do you do?

avatar
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family
Member of the Royal Family

Posts : 3013
Join date : 2013-09-15
Age : 33
Location : Arlington Texas

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by dk3dknight on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:00 pm

@kyerby
You enter the nuclear power plant to find no guards or anything for that matter, it appears it has been abandoned... you see no sign of life you do see a few spent cartridges...

Do you scout the power plant?, Do you set up shop? Or do you turn back and try a different location?

@Duc Lebowski
As you and your party are drinking for the end, a military convoy appears you let them stay the night they offer to take you the national guard checkpoint... there convoy includes a apc and several Humvees they are also equipped with m4's and frag grenades, they also have a bit of c-4 and perhaps other weapons you cannot see. Your entire group can fit in the spare spaces across the convoy...

Do you take them on there offer or not... Duc Lebowski the group looks to you for an answer...
avatar
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family
Member of the Royal Family

Posts : 3013
Join date : 2013-09-15
Age : 33
Location : Arlington Texas

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by kyerby on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:58 pm

I scout the plant to find out if there is anything useful and if there is a threat of a meltdown. If there is a source or food, water and electricity and the area is secure I stay there and set up base pondering how can I use the nuclear material to my advantage. If there is nothing useful for me, not even documents or entries in computer logs stating where the workers evacuated to then I must move on. At the very least I try to secure some abandoned communications equipment or maybe they developed a nuclear powered laptop we can take with us.
avatar
kyerby

Posts : 734
Join date : 2013-07-08
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by dk3dknight on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:11 pm

@kyerby
As your team scouts ahead you find 2 shotguns and 1 m-4 with full clips...

Further along you find several skittish people in radiation suits, they cry out don't shoot....
After explaining the situation with you, the military units pulled out to distract the zombies
away from the plant, they have no idea where the military units went or if they survived.

They have several problems but think if they can be resolved the plant might be held...

Issue #1: The main gate was smashed in by a armored vehicle they have fabricated a new gate, but they don't have the components to replace the precision parts that were destroyed / damaged someone would need to go out and obtain some parts.

Issue #2: There seems to be a issue with the outflow connecting the plant to the local water source and they need someone to go check it out....

Issue #3: The plant is low on food and they need someone to scout out some food and stuff to set up a farm so they can start regrowing food.

Apparently when the military personnel pulled out to pull the zombies away from the facility they took with them lots of the supplies...

kyerby the group looks to you what do you do?
avatar
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family
Member of the Royal Family

Posts : 3013
Join date : 2013-09-15
Age : 33
Location : Arlington Texas

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by kyerby on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:20 pm

I assign a duty to each family member to go scout and see what they can find. With the highly scientific minds still present I believe if we can overcome these obstacles we can develop the uranium based weaponry I seek. If the scouts fail then we must come up with someway to prevent the plant from meltdown as we probably couldnt get far enough away in time to prevent death from the radiation that would cause. In the meantime I would have the scientists I could spare prep areas for potential farming as well as use anything they can to reinforce the gates as well as set up defensive perimeters should the gates be breached.
avatar
kyerby

Posts : 734
Join date : 2013-07-08
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by dk3dknight on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 pm

@kyerby
[Scout attempts on drainage]
Apparently they found a large volume of dead bodies cloging the drainage pipe... there are alot of hostiles near the area a dedicated attack force would be needed to clear it out.

[Scout attempts for food]
Several friends and family found it difficult to bring back much some could not make it through the zombies to get the larger amounts of food...  Apparently sending out small groups has produced little results a more dedicated force will need to raid a larger facility for supplies...

A lone girl comes back she throws you a shotgun and a pistol... (her family was one of the groups set out for food) she mutters mommy... daddy... they didn't make it... she continues to walk almost in a daze... she is not bitten but she seems traumatized...

[Scout attempts to replace door mechanisms...]
Sadly the group has a idea on where to go but there were too many zombies to make the proper raid a more dedicated action will be needed...

[Scientist report on farms]
They have cleared some land but without equipment or seed there is little else they can do....

[Scientist report on jamming door]
They believe they can jury rig something but it will not be as effective as the fixed door... but might buy time...

[Scientist report on uranium based weaponry]
The scientist desire a better outline for what you had in mind?

The sky has darkened a little bit but there is still some light out... kyerby the group looks to you what is the next course of action.... ?
avatar
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family
Member of the Royal Family

Posts : 3013
Join date : 2013-09-15
Age : 33
Location : Arlington Texas

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by kyerby on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:48 pm

We now must all go out in force. First we must clear the blockage otherwise the plant will meltdown and we are all dead anyways. 2nd we need to secure equipment and supplies to get the farm going and build defensive structures/barriers..

Weaponry: First we must utilize what we have and develop uranium tipped bullets we can fire. Upon impact and explosion the bits of flesh that get on the zombies near the target will suffer exposure to the uranium and die. 2nd we need grenades we can lob and a minefield we can set up. These also cause collateral damage to the zombies when they explode. Finally we need to develop our nuclear option if all else fails and we are doomed. We would draw in as many zombies as we could and detonate it sacrificing ourselves but killing zombies for a wide radius around our location. If there is a way we could develop the collateral to only be lethal to the zombies and not living humans then that would be a big plus.
avatar
kyerby

Posts : 734
Join date : 2013-07-08
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by dk3dknight on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:11 pm

@kyerby
[Scientist report on uranium weapons]
The scientist inform you that what you want is depleted uranium as regular uranium bullets would be lethal to you to have in your gun...  They also not sure if depleted uranium would have the effect your looking for.

Though they don't have the equipment to machine what your looking for, you will need to find some specialist tools if you hope to accomplish it.

[Scientist report of grenades]
The scientist believe they could make a simple frag grenade from containers filled with a small explosive and nails of various lengths and widths...  They have the containers and they had the neccessary items sitting around to make the explosives but they lack the nails.... you will need to find Nails or Screws or something they can fill that will fragment out.

[Report from kyerby]
When I mentioned about blowing up the facility I saw a look of shock on the scientists... when push comes to shove they might not be willing to go through with it...

[Report on attack on drainage]
We kept the children back and formed several teams, adults without guns served as lookouts, while the ones with guns formed a pincer attack, the zombies didn't know what hit em....

We then formed a defensive line while 2 teams cleared out the drainage pipes, the blockage seems to be fixed and this part of the facility seems to be in working area...

[Report from kyerby]
Everyone seemed tired from the attack so we decided to get some rest before hitting the local home depot for farming supplies and seeds...

[Report on Raid of Home Depot]
In the parking lot you noticed a small girl, her name was Anna she held a pistol with a odd scope attached to it... she asks if she can join your group you decide that you will decide later and go ahead with the attack...  There are three entrances into the home depot, the left front entrance, the left front exit and the back of the store where receiving occurs...

[note from dk]
You need to decide if Anna is going to join your merry band and how your going to assault the home depot.

kyerby the group looks to you how will you proceed.
avatar
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family
Member of the Royal Family

Posts : 3013
Join date : 2013-09-15
Age : 33
Location : Arlington Texas

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by kyerby on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:29 pm

The Home Depot may have the tools,nails and screws we need as well as several other useful items we could use in construction of defensive zones as well as equipment we could use for communications.

Anna joins the group and we split into 3 groups each assaulting one entrance giving any zombies that may be inside no escape route.

I inform the scientists I want them to study this scope Anna has and if it provides an advantage to find a way to add similar scopes to our weapons.
avatar
kyerby

Posts : 734
Join date : 2013-07-08
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by dk3dknight on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:23 pm

[Group Report]
Anna has joined your group

[Assault on home depot]
You formed 3 assault teams, lacking military training or communication skills your groups enter each entrance at different times, you hear gunfire followed by screams...

You believe that the rear team was overwhelmed not having enough guns to go around and so many unarmed people while some of your party has developed a skill of baiting enemies to the people with guns and using proper pulling and kiting techniques that one might see in a mmo, this was not a universal skill amongst your team...

While you believe you might make a pretty good size dent in the zombies inside the home depot you realize that you need to figure out what happened to the third team, if they panicked you will need reform them... lacking military training they most likely fled randomly...

You pull out and set out to find and reform your lost team, your lucky that most of them stuck together and reformed outside the home depot....

From what you discovered from them is that the rear contained the largest amount of zombies and the front was less guarded. Through what seemed like a miracle you didn't lose anyone for that you counted your blessings...

What do you do? Re-assault, give up, or something else....
kyerby the group looks to for guidance...
avatar
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family
Member of the Royal Family

Posts : 3013
Join date : 2013-09-15
Age : 33
Location : Arlington Texas

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by kyerby on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:49 pm

After counseling on tactics and coordination and informing everyone of their role in this assault we form two groups and attack from both front entrances using the pincer tactic that worked clearing the log jam. They will most likely still be toward the rear as they chased the rear group out of the store.


Last edited by kyerby on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
kyerby

Posts : 734
Join date : 2013-07-08
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by twisted-pixel on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:51 pm

this is awesome dk!
avatar
twisted-pixel
Member of the Royal Family
Member of the Royal Family

Posts : 3074
Join date : 2012-08-28
Age : 240

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by dk3dknight on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:29 pm

@kyerby

[assault on home depot part 2]
Your group splits into two coming from both entrances, slowly moving forward each side covers the other and they watch there corners. On your orders they form a firing line on opposing sides as unarmed survivors advance to pull the enemies towards the firing lines.

You advance slowly checking bodies for survivors you then split up your team looking for the following supplies, nails and screws, equipment for fixing the door, precision tools, other useful nick knacks, including farming instruments and seed so you can grow your own crops... your group empty the entire stockpile of seeds of useful plants and ignores the flowers.

Your group also fills 4 wheel dollies with already started growing plants, including some small trees, also some grab some mint and spearmint, another member of the group grabs some lemongrass.

Anna notes a semi truck still parked in the back, it still has fuel and it would let you carry more things home. You could fill the semi truck with some of the heavier equipment parking it could be troublesome... but still possible.

[Anna's report]
The assault originally did not go so well... but they really pulled themselves together for the second raid... if only I would have met them before... momma might still... be alive.....

kyerby really knows his stuff he talked to us about tactics and stuff.. some of it I didn't understand but some of other stuff seemed really simple... wonder why never thought of that stuff that way...

[end report]


kyerby the group looks to your for guidance what do you do? [please note if you want them to pick up anything speicfic not mentioned also add that.]
avatar
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family
Member of the Royal Family

Posts : 3013
Join date : 2013-09-15
Age : 33
Location : Arlington Texas

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by Duc Lebowski on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 am

dk3dknight wrote:As you and your party are drinking for the end, a military convoy appears you let them stay the night they offer to take you the national guard checkpoint... there convoy includes a apc and several Humvees they are also equipped with m4's and frag grenades, they also have a bit of c-4 and perhaps other weapons you cannot see.  Your entire group can fit in the spare spaces across the convoy...

Do you take them on there offer or not... Duc Lebowski the group looks to you for an answer...

Ok, it seems i have to try to survive...

I explain them we can't stay at the checkpoint. As the population can't fight against zombies, the zombie army is going to grow and we don't have an infinite stock of ammo. That's why we should avoid crowded areas. Even if we can survive, even if we are 100 or 1000, there are 7 billions of potential zombies. The only way to survive is to go where zombie won't ever go.

Here is the plan. Soldiers have to find a pilot. In the meantime, in the mall, we collect nylon thread, wire, all smelly food, umbrellas, warm clothes. Then, we all go in Humvees (with the pilot), APC leads the convoy to the airport. No need to use weapons, APC crushes everybody, zombie or not zombie. There, we smash in the barrier, go on the tarmac and take a plane. The pilot will bring us to Ushuaïa, Argentina. Then we steal all hiking, climbing, fishing equipements, and take a boat to the Antarctic.

I can bear very cold weather, zombies can't (thanks Max Brooks). I can survive since i know how to fish, i can build igloos, i can hunt seals. I'll survive here, but is it really worth, since we're all alone?

Now i regret the whisky i left in the mall...
avatar
Duc Lebowski

Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by dk3dknight on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:17 am

@Duc Lebowski
The commander of the convoy looks bewildered at you.

He thinks your making way too many assumptions on the situation,
now he says if the national guard checkpoint was over-run heaven
forbid he would consider your plan to head to the airport but only
he finds out the status of the national guard checkpoint.

He gives you two choices everyone come with them to the checkpoint
or wait at the mall and after they checked on the checkpoint they would come back for you and your group, with either letting you know its safe or proceeding with your plan...

On the unlikely situation that you are correct....

He suggested if your plan is taken you should use one of the private fbo's at the airport as one of them has a government contract and some C-130's are parked there and it would contain extra equipment  and allow transportation of someof there heavy equipment.

[Report from Duc Lebowski's group]
The commander of the convoy Lewisky represents a undefeated army most likely for him to believe that things are bad he will have to see it with his own two eyes... before he could accept such a reality..
[End of Report]

Duc Lebowski your group looks to you for guidance what do you do?
avatar
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family
Member of the Royal Family

Posts : 3013
Join date : 2013-09-15
Age : 33
Location : Arlington Texas

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by Duc Lebowski on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:41 am

Everybody will try to go to the checkpoint, the probability they will run out of food and water in the coming hours is 100%. And what if the convoy is surrounded by people trying to come in? We're gonna crush them? You're a soldier man, you're a patriot, you won't do this to your own country.

Going to the checkpoint won't change the fact that M4, C4 and frags are not enough to fight against 1 million of zombies. Moreover, 10 or 50 soldiers, even undefeated, won't change this reality, this mathematical and cartesian reality. If zombies don't kill us now, we can die because of the nuclear reaction run out of control in the power plant a few km around here. We can die from starvation if we stay in the city. Even if we survive 10 days, zombies will smell fresh flesh and they will search us.

We're screwed, man. The only possibility is to leave all of this now and go where zombies won't find us and where we can survive longer than 5 hours, otherwise i prefer die here, having a party with my friends in the mall.

Go and see the checkpoint won't change anything to this. Either it is already attacked, and we will leave, or it will happen later and we'll have to leave. The conclusion is the same, we'll leave. Nevertheless, leaving will be easier if we're not attacked. That's why we should move now.

So, i suggest we go now, pick the pilot and let's go to Argentina!
avatar
Duc Lebowski

Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by Raidoh on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:22 am

Hard decision, because none of the given places seams desirable to me.

The first and most important thing is a secure place to stay. I would choose the airport, first because it's defendable and second regions around airports are spacious and open, so that we can find a way out if the zombies overrun our defence.

After securing a hangar I would divide the group in 3.

One group for the defense of the hangar. There job is to barricade and guard our position.

The second group is responsible for organizing vehicles and fuel. You can find quit powerful vehicles like airfield shuttle buses or firetrucks at an airport. Take one or two of them and prepare them for an escape. (Do you remember the 80's series 'The A-Team'? They did funny things like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9s9bmY7hcN0/Ulw6jQKow2I/AAAAAAAAAPE/XNvhpzCiYxM/s1600/A-Team-Bus+Tank.jpg) This job is dangerous, because they have to leave our secure position, but since there are not so much people on an airfield, there shouldn't be too much zombies.

The third group is responsible for food. There are lots of restaurants and shops at an airport, so there should be enough stuff for the first days to survive, until the second group has a vehicle ready to further explore the region around the airport. This group definitely has the hardest and most dangerous job, since they have to enter the main airport buildings and there definitely will be some zombies. I would choose the fastest runners from my group for that job. They just have to reach a supplier entrance, grab some stuff and run.
avatar
Raidoh

Posts : 1414
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by kyerby on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:43 am

Instead of taking the truck we siphon the fuel from it and fuel up all the forklifts we find in the store. I instruct the scientists to gather any and all materials they need to develop a solar/electric mix to power these vehicles in the future as gasoline fuel is very limited. I also instruct them to try to develop a nuclear powered engine for them as that would grant them the ability to operate for longer periods of time without having to recharge.

I ask the group to gather batteries and bright led flashlights and/or other led lights that can be hand held and change multiple colors. We will utilize them for tactical silent communication purposes. I also instruct them to gather the walkies talkies for verbal tactical communication.

In order to use our water source to our maximum advantage I instruct the gathering of water filtration systems that we could use for drinking water or watering of crops and trees. I also have them gather drip irrigation lines to minimize the water we need for growing.

I discover Anna was the head of future farmers of America in her school district. I instruct her to help train us all in the most efficient farming tactics.

I instruct the crew to gather a large cache of items such as homer's buckets that can gather rain water we could purify for drinking and/or farming should we lose our main water source again or need more water then we have available for our operations.

I instruct them to gather any metal items needed to produce bullets for our weapons. I also instruct them to gather metal and wood saws and welding equipment as well as lumber and metal to reinforce our barricades.

I have them gather ropes and other strap down items to maximize what we can carry on the dollies and tie the dollies together into trains that will be towed by the forklifts. As we want to all leave in one group and get back to base fast as possible these dollies should also be able to carry humans on at least one of them each train.

I inform the entire group we will undergo on a regular basis tactical drills and training. We cannot afford to have too much down time.
avatar
kyerby

Posts : 734
Join date : 2013-07-08
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by dk3dknight on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:50 am

@Duc Lebowski
The commander says hold tight and salutes you, as him and his unit drives off the convoy disappears into the evening sky...

You and your friends and family desire to hold the mall till morning then you will execute your plan with or without the convoy.

[Early Morning]

You see a large assortment of military vehicles heading towards the mall, several factors larger then the original convoy, you can make out m1a2 Abrams, Bradleys, Hueys, several large deuce in a halves... (Large Troop Trucks) you see members of the original convoy in front Commander Lewisky hops out of his humvee and smiles...

Well looks like the national guard held on, thanks to the support of the regions military bases that provided gunships which helped repel the zombies... there a bit tired, but we have engineers and we are going to turn this mall into the most secure location on this side of Gods Earth...

The commander further explains that USA was not fully over-run and one of the coasts managed to hold on.... apparently the infection started in central usa, and while this side was over run through napalm strikes there able to hold back the infection long enough to get into superior defensible positions for the other coast.

Also airports and ports on the other coast managed to detect the infection sooner and sterilized both before infections over ran those locations... Though while the actions of brave agents saved the coast most of those who did though perished...

What we have confirmed is that this appears to be happening all over the world but we can't help the other countries until we get ourselves squared away. The new charter of the New United America (NUA) calls for us to retake our country block by block... and we are going to do just that...

You see military helicopters dropping fresh food, water, and ammo.

Though Duc Lebowski if you still want to head to Antarctica ill take you to the airport
and we will get you to a plane but after that your on own... or you can stay here and help
us retake our nation... and most important rebuild what we lost...

If you choose to stay there are several things we need to take care....

#1: Secure the local nuclear power plant
#2: While we are receiving food from the other coast it would be beneficial to be able to be self sufficient.
#3: Look for Survivors

[If you choose to stay you will receive the support of professional military troops]
Duc Lebowski the group looks to you for answers... [Stay or Go] [If stay which objective did you want help with]
avatar
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family
Member of the Royal Family

Posts : 3013
Join date : 2013-09-15
Age : 33
Location : Arlington Texas

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by dk3dknight on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:44 am

@Raidoh

Your group makes it through one of the private fbo's you see a array of metal hangers the hanger doors are heavy metal that open and close in layers with hard fabric connect each panel of the metal doors leaving no cracks inside the hanger door is a small metal person door made of the same heavy metal it would be easy to secure the person gates.

Inside on of the metal hangers you see a entrance to 1st floor office, a door leading to 2nd floor office that does not physically connect with the first floor except through the inside of the metal hanger. You also see several sports cars and some 2 small airplanes and a helicopter. On the second floor you find a hang glider (dissembled) inside a closet on the second floor you find a ladder which leaders to the roof of the hanger allowing you to sit on top of the hanger.

[This would be useful for look outs...] Looking across the field and across the runway you see the public terminal while it will have lots of food it will be difficult to get to it as the zombies are in large mass in the public terminal.

Perhaps a dedicated strike? You also find several weapons apparently the former renter of the hanger was a gun collector. (2 Assault Rifles, 1 shot gun, 3 pistols) though you found little to no ammo.

Raidoh the group looks to you for guidance...
avatar
dk3dknight
Member of the Royal Family
Member of the Royal Family

Posts : 3013
Join date : 2013-09-15
Age : 33
Location : Arlington Texas

Character sheet
Character Name: Chan the Lost Sheep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Contest] Hypothetical Week 2 Day 1

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum