Question Game

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Question Game

Post by BamaBettie on Sun May 11, 2014 1:41 pm

Opps... guess we were so in love with BN, we forgot to ask a new question.

Whats the furthest you've ever been on vacation?
BamaBettie
Queen of the HAMMERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondeninja on Sun May 11, 2014 2:24 pm

Idk why y'all are so enthralled! Not beautiful either BB, but thanks anywho!

Well I've been far east before and in Europe so pretty far!

How many years from now will we not be able to see any stars as they will be too far away from us?
Blondeninja

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BamaBettie on Sun May 11, 2014 2:29 pm

I don't know the exact answer to this, and I'm not sure that astronomers completely do either (but I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong ;). But it won't happen for billions of years. At least according to Mike Rowe's How the Universe Works.

What would be your ideal partner?
BamaBettie
Queen of the HAMMERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondeninja on Sun May 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Well we know the expansion of the universe which has been measured using redshift to derive Hubble's Constant: H0 = 67.15 ± 1.2 (km/s)/Mpc. We also more info on the metric expansion, but anywho dont want to bore with calculations, would be a while.

Someone who understands me well enough to enjoy my quirks and take me for who I am. Also, ideally, they would be similarly athletic and hopefully strapping ;) I'm a hopeless romantic so basically the movie guys!! But just someone who gets me, and treats me nice. I say that last part because i've had issues with abuse in the past.

How closely do you resemble your avie/persona?
Blondeninja

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BamaBettie on Sun May 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Physically = a little bit. Attitude = completely. Already told you, I'm a trophy wife.  LOL 

What about you BN? How closely do you resemble your avie/persona?

or for another player

Have you ever done something heroic? (cause I'm already sure BN has :)
BamaBettie
Queen of the HAMMERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekker on Sun May 11, 2014 4:26 pm

BamaBettie wrote:
twisted-pixel wrote:I don't know about anyone else...

but i just fell in love with blondie..

Smart & beautiful - I fell for her day one. But she won't give me the time of day. ;)

Yup yup... There is a support group for BN's admirers. We meet on Tuesdays, coffee provided.

Something heroic? Way to wide open a question to answer without defining parameters. Let us just assume that in this case, heroic means taking action in something that prevented immediate harm to another being.
By that measure, there are a couple things I have done that kind of get there (though I do not see them as such, they are what anyone should do).

I ran into a garage that was on fire and put the fire out.

I prevented a girl I didn't know who was too drunk to say no from being taken into the other room by several guys that were not asking. And later stayed up with her all night as she was puking her brains out, shaking and thinking she was dying. Then went to work 7am without asking her name.

And my cousin and I pulled a stranger out of a truck he rolled off the interstate and  took him home. Where he started talking suicide. We refused to let him out of the car until he swore he wouldn't do it (about two hours). And he didn't, I ran into him at a bar two years later and he started crying and hugging me saying we changed his life.

I feel like those are the closest things that come to mind for me  as heroic. I am not heroic. I do not really think those thigns were. I think they are what anyone should do. But it made me feel good to know I stopped somethign bad.

I like it: Heroic, you. Do tell...
Trekker
The worlds sexiest lizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondeninja on Sun May 11, 2014 4:54 pm

@BB I'd like to think so, physically probably not as pretty, we're both quirky though so pretty similar there. Plus I see so much of myself in vmars.

Trekker::Heroic, hard to answer I don't like flaunting myself or seeming like a hero. But I guess I'll answer it best I can.

Saved my bestie from being rapped at HS party

CPR on someone who nearly drowned

Some stuff from volunteer EMT-ing

Saved another bestie from shooting herself (my growing up was not the best dont judge)

Some other more personal things and things I can't talk about...sorry

Your biggest acomplishment?
Blondeninja

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekker on Sun May 11, 2014 5:18 pm

@BN: I don't judge, growing up not good for me either.

Biggest accomplishment?

Living through my history (sort of referenced above) and still having some modicum of humanity left. Still seeing beauty in the world, having compassion, having empathy, chivalry, and creativity. It sounds pretty pathetic, but that is what I value most.

I like that. What is your biggest accomplishment?
Trekker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Cornrow Wallace on Sun May 11, 2014 7:06 pm

Graduating high school lmao. It was miraculous I was on the verge of dropping out, was down like 120 credits or something. Got my shit together and put in that good work and graduated on time. Now in community college trying to earn a degree in computer tech.

What is your biggest regret?
General Cornrow Wallace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekker on Sun May 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Letting my father force me to quit football. I could have gotten a free ride to college, even if it was a state college.

What is something you always wanted to do but have never been able to?
Trekker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekker on Sun May 11, 2014 10:09 pm

I would like to publish a novel. Or twenty.

Do you have any unique skills?
Trekker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondeninja on Sun May 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Sure, not super unique but I have specialized skills for sure. I do comp sec, I'm pretty good at photoshop, I know physics fairly well, know self defense, idk nothing too special but I try to be good in most arenas so I can almost always contribute to some extent. Oh, stress management and such, pretty kick ass at that xP

IQ?
Blondeninja

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BamaBettie on Mon May 12, 2014 8:26 am

Wow, looks like I missed some really good questions/conversations last evening (stupid A&P studying).

I'm not sure, but I'll try to find a good 'online IQ test' to see if I can find out. Though I always wonder if they are accurate.

@BN, Trekker & GCW - many lives aren't so different as they might seem. I can relate to what each of you said. My childhood was bad, through no fault of my own. My young adult life was bad, and I'll take some of the blame there. But I finally got it together; only took 20 years or so. ;)

Do you think you are you psychic in any way?
BamaBettie
Queen of the HAMMERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekker on Mon May 12, 2014 10:26 am

To be honest, I am not entirely sure psychic ability exists. I am open to the possibility of it, as there are many things that provide circumstantial evidence of it. And even my everyday speech patterns reflect a pseudo-belief. But I am also a man of science as well. Show me something that I cannot explain away and I will start to believe.

That being said there have been a number of incidents in my life where I have known things that I should not. From apparent mind reading to offhand predictions that have miraculously come true, as well as other such phenomena. Most of these can be explained away without use pre-cognition or telepathy.

So I knew what a close friend who had a crush on me was thinking as a teen, for a half hour. After my initial pronouncement that she was feeling awkward because she had a crush on me and I was in her bedroom, her thoughts were fairly easy to guess. Especially when the first few were guessed right. That is not psychic, it is observant and understanding another's mind.

So what if I predicted where the cop that was following me was really going. He was going to a seafood restaurant, and no sooner had I told everyone else in the car that is where he was going, he turned off. Once again that is utilizing the information I have on hand to make a accurate guess as to what is going on.

But there are other things that I am less certain that observation and information extrapolation can account for.
Like when I was growing up and I knew when I got off the bus that I was about to be punished for something I didn't do. I always knew by the time I crossed the railroad tracks that my day was about to turn to crap. (I have quarter mile driveway to walk down everyday)
Or how I knew exactly who my soon to be ex was cheating on me with, though they acted like strangers when in my presence together.
Or how sometimes I know what people are thinking because I think they say it outloud and yet they swear they didn't and no one else heard them.
Or how I sometimes think sarcastically and everyone would hear it.
Other things too. But those are the first ones to come to mind.

So I say if there is psychic abilities in this universe, I am reasonably sure I have some sensitivities to it.

I like that one: You, psychic... Yea, nah, chumbawumba?
Trekker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BamaBettie on Mon May 12, 2014 12:30 pm

I do not think I'm psychic. And as you said, believing in science, I'm not 100% sure that anyone is. However, my youngest niece (18), does sense things know things before they happen.

For example, the phone rang at my mother's house. Before anyone answered, my niece said that's Penny (my cousin) and she's been in car accident, but she is ok. That was exactly the phone call. And she has other incidents that escape me right now.

Have you ever been the recipient of a really good practical joke?
BamaBettie
Queen of the HAMMERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekker on Mon May 12, 2014 12:52 pm

Practical Jokes are kind of the currency I live on. I am the playful prankster that usually leads the jokes. I am trying to think of the last one that people did to me that was really good.
The only prank (if I can call it that) that comes to memory was back for my birthday dinner in February. It was a formal'ish dinner at a restaurant with a bunch of my closest friends/family. My friend dressed up in full drag of the night, I know them meant to be a surprise for me but when he was late and one of my cousins said "he is still getting ready" I knew he was dressing up. He only dresses up a couple times a year, and it takes forever. So I was not at all surprised when he showed up looking like a fairly cute woman, except for the laugh.

My poor cousin on the other side of my family and my best friend didn't know what to make of him though. That was entertaining.

I don't think I personally have been pranked in over two years then. :-/

What was the best practical joke you have had played on you?
Trekker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Cornrow Wallace on Mon May 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Honestly don't remember. I don't think I ever had one played on me tbh.

Best stand-up comic you've ever seen? Live or on TV doesn't matter.
General Cornrow Wallace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekker on Mon May 12, 2014 6:57 pm

Gabriel Iglesias

Worst stand up comedian you have ever seen?
Trekker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Cornrow Wallace on Mon May 12, 2014 10:16 pm

Dane Cook. He was just not funny.

Earliest childhood memory?
General Cornrow Wallace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekker on Mon May 12, 2014 11:32 pm

Hmm. Probably getting my dog Frisky when I was three. I have vague awareness of the other dog we had before her and awareness of my uncle trying to explain why she wasn't there anymore. But the memories are blurry and more of I know it happened things. But I very clearly remember getting Frisky. I went to the pound, I picked her out, another family had wanted her too, but they let me have her.

Saddest memory?
Trekker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondeninja on Tue May 13, 2014 12:18 am

That's a long story very personal. Loss of a best friend not much more detail.....sorry.....personal :(

Happiest memory?
Blondeninja

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Cornrow Wallace on Wed May 14, 2014 7:39 pm

When I was 15 I finally asked my crush out and she said yes and we dated for two years.

Is deja vu real?
General Cornrow Wallace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BamaBettie on Wed May 14, 2014 10:13 pm

I sure think so cause it happens to me all the time. I also kinda, sorta believe in the Matrix.

Do you experience deja vu?
BamaBettie
Queen of the HAMMERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekker on Thu May 15, 2014 3:15 pm

I do experience Deja Vu. Sometimes more often than at other times.

Do you have an explanation for Deja Vu.
Trekker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Franklin Stone on Thu May 15, 2014 4:03 pm

You've been there done that?

Obviously I can not explain Deja Vu any more than I can explain how I knew the moment my best friend died. Although I find it hard to believe in things I can not touch, it is hard to dismiss such things as Deja Vu and premonition; considering humans use something like a mere 10% of our brain.

Busy frying his 10%...
 Weed
Franklin Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: