[Tutorial] Entering Politics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Tutorial] Entering Politics

Post by IndexInfinity on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:47 am

MelissaRose is making me post, so I thought it might as well be a good one.

I still consider myself a half noob, so I can't give you the ultimate guide to becoming a master politician. My position does let me do one thing though, and that's give you a good idea on how to start in politics.

1) With the way the game currently is, entering politics is easy. If you stay on the sidelines, things might get boring, so be ready to get yourself out there. Before Country President elections, read up on every candidate.

2) Message each candidate requesting a position as a deputy on their cabinet. You don't need tons of experience or knowledge, just some dedication and well written request.

2b) eliwood had a great tip. Get a job in the party. At the end of the day, your party makes the call on whether or not you get into congress. Proving yourself to leadership is incredibly important. The ideal place to do this is FedEx. It's the hardest job to do, and therefore the ideal proving ground for any young and ambitious Fed.

3) You will get a government and party job. You may not have a choice as to where you're put, but honestly there is no end to a need for deputies or staff, so you will easily get a position.

4) Work hard, make friends. Do your job well, actively seek new jobs, and try to make life as easy as possible for the secretary. Don't ask things you can't figure out yourself, and they will recognize your work

5) Once you have worked as a deputy twice, apply to Fed congress. List the secretaries you worked under, what you did, and what your positions were. You should get in, if you don't, work again as a deputy and apply again. Leadership loves new blood, so as long as you show initiative you have a shot

6) Actively push your ideas in congress, comment and discuss on other ideas, show up for every quorum, and vote on every major issue. Congress is the place where you meet other people, make change for the country, and push the goals of your party. This is where you meet presidents, department secretaries, and generally any pro you can imagine. Congress can be petty and ridiculous, but it is where you need to be if you want to make it up the ladder.

This, of course, is different for every person. That said, I've talked to multiple "up and coming" people, and came up with these steps. If you have any other questions feel free to message me in-game or find me on IRC.

Last edited by IndexInfinity on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
IndexInfinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Tutorial] Entering Politics

Post by eliwood_sain on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:42 am

As a former PD (and a bunch of other things), this is very true stuff.

The easiest way to jump into politics, from my perspective, is at the Party level. Get involved in the Feds with a job and general social activity (forums and IRC). So long as we know who you are and that you do good work, you're likely to get a seat in Congress if you want it. Congress is the doorstep to the national political scene. This gets you interacting with a bunch of different people and potentially future Secretaries or Presidents. Plus, it shows your interest in the bigger scope of the political realm. From this point, you can really branch into higher tiers of Party Politics or National Politics. If you take the party route, you're looking at trying to become a director. New blood in the leadership helps us as a whole because it saves people from burning out too much. From there, it's onward and upward to VPP or even Party President. If you are looking at national politics, just keep applying within Departments and try to get a job. Keep working on that job and if you show good effort, you have a better shot at getting Secretary some day.
eliwood_sain
Oldest Fed

Character sheet
Character Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IndexInfinity on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:06 pm

Thanks for the input, I added in some parts :)
IndexInfinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Bubblar on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:25 pm

This was amazing
10/10
Tyler Bubblar
Lord of Butter

View user profile

Back to top Go down